This Saturday I am running my first Central Park Race in New York City. It will also be my first NY Road Runners Race and my first race competing against actual Olympians! Check out this story for the details. Apparently there will be 11 Olympians there! I will be running the NY Mini 10k this weekend and will be in the presence of some amazing runners and athletes, among them the pregnant Kara Goucher and Paula Radcliffe. What an honor to be in the presence of these talented ladies. Since it is a womens' only event, my Dad will be there playing photographer! I told him to forget about taking pictures of me...just be sure to get the elites! I hope I am able to catch a glimpse as well. Here is another article covering the race.
My workouts this week have been a little off. I have been very busy with the new puppers *love* I haven't really had time to go to the gym this week and run and let the dog out and go to work and go food shopping, etc. Notice a trend here? I know it will get easier, and hopefully both Cooper and I will adapt to the new routine :)
Here is how this week is going so far...
June 6-12
Sunday: 10-miler
Monday: Off
Tuesday: 5-miler
Wednesday: Off (rain)
Thursday: Easy run
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Race Day
No gym in sight...unheard of! I would really like to get up early and go one morning to do the weight machines. I think this will be more feasible once the pup and I develop a more consistent schedule. I have been getting up earlier but taking him out every half an hour to go to the bathroom. Given the fact that I live on the 3rd floor, all the ups and downs are exhausting! Totally worth it though ;)
5 comments:
No gym this week means you'll be extra rested for your race this weekend! Good luck and how very exciting!
And trust me it does get easier with the puppy... when we lived on the third floor and my dog had to go late at night I repeated "go potty" every time we took her outside to potty... after a few months I could stand at the top of the stairs late at night when nobody was coming and going and say "go potty" and she'd run down to the strip of grass at the base of the stairs go pee and run back up to meet me! Just be consistent and use the same words or phrase every time so they learn what it means! And always praise them using that term too for example "go potty" "good potty tori, good potty"
I had the same thing happen when we got Lucy. They are so much fun and I felt so guilty coming home only to go back out to the gym or for a run. It definitely gets easier though because soon he'll be running with you!
I was supposed to run in this race so I'm very jealous you get to. Not sure where the start is but there are 2 hills, one in Harlem and 1 right when you pass the Boathouse. Enjoy and good luck!
Your new puppy is adorable!
I'm excited to run in the mini 10k this weekend :-) Hopefully I'll catch a glimpse of Kara and Paula!
Your puppy is too cute! Congrats!
I want a dog so badly, but the stairs this is actually what's stopping me...we are on the sixth floor of our building and I just don't think I could do it. :)
Post a Comment