Thursday, July 22, 2010

Westfield Pizza 5K Race Report


Garmin Stats
3.15 miles
20:04
6:22 average pace

Splits
6:19
6:38
6:20
5:18 (.15)



Official Stats

20:08 (20:04-chip time)
6:28 pace
83/2153
5/1141 female
1/117 age group

Race Report
Last night, I ran the Downtown Westfield Pizza 5k.It was still in the 90s at 7 o'clock when the race started and it had been thundering and lightening up to 20 minutes before. 2 years ago they had to call the race because of severe thunderstorms and I was afraid we were going to have a repeat this year! Fortunately, the storm moved through pretty quickly and the race was on! I am thrilled with my time because it is exactly 1 minute faster than last year's time...to the second! This race has always been difficult for me, mainly because it is always so hot. It is also not pancake flat like some of the other 5ks I have been doing lately. I was happy to see that marathon training has not slowed down my 5k time. I took home 1st in my age group, and placed 5th (female) overall, which will get me major USATF points! The atmosphere of the race was fun...tons of vendors come out to in support and there are always lots of free giveaways. My dad and I walked up to one table and they just handed us each a (large) box of protein bars. I can't wait to try them.

Some Pics:



Dad enjoying a slice of free pizza...



The traditional post-race pic



Claiming my medal

*Sorry for the blurry pics! I desperately need a new camera...
**Don't forget to enter my CSN Giveaway!!

6 comments:

All Things Jaime said...

Great job!!! You are t-tiny!! Do you fluctuate in weight at all and notice any effects on your running due to that? I've dealt with that quite a bit over the past year so I'm very interested in your response!

Maggs said...

congrats on a solid race.

Anonymous said...

So great! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

1st in your age group? CONGRATS!!

Maureen Lisa said...

This looks like fun and CONGRATS! on your win. That's awesome!

I'm already a follower for your giveaway...but I haven't decided what I would buy yet!!

Anna said...

So glad I found your blog at the Lady Blogger's Tea Party. I ran a marathon last January and I am starting to train again (only a half this time:) I will definitely be back!