Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bikini Bootcamp!

Have you heard of Bikini Bootcamp?


It is a fabulous resort in Mexico where you can vacation while getting fit both mentally and physically! For $1,959 per person you can stay there for one week and get a jump start on your bikini bod!



Cellulite Beware









For more info on the resort itself go here.
Fortunately for those of us (like me!) who make a measly teacher's salary...it is also a book! It is actually my number one favorite get fit and healthy living book. (*and I have read lots of these types of books*) The Bikini Bootcamp spa actually came first and then the ever fabulous founders were kind enough to share their secrets with the rest of us.

Without ever going to Mexico, you, too, can give yourself the same kick-start to a healthier, leaner body by following the step-by-step body, lifestyle, and nutritional program that's laid out clearly for you...we'll show you how to find beauty and inspiration in your own environment and rediscover the fun and joy that comes with moving your body and quieting your mind.

Fitness
The 4 Fitness Components of BBC
*Circuit Training- The book gives 3 different circuit routine including a mixture of cardio (jumprope) and upper and lower body strength training moves.
*Core Strengthening- There are 2 different core strengthening routines that you do in combination with the circuit training or at least once a week.
*Yoga and Meditation- The book offers beginner, intermediate and advanced sun salutation routines and describes various other asanas (poses)as well as pranayams (breathing exercises).
*Walking- Advises to walk 30-60 min daily and gives tips for good form.

The 5 types of Exercise that Lead to a Firm and Healthy Body
*Strength
*Cardio
*Flexibility
*Core
*Restorative


"Bikini Body Fuel"
Meal Plan Philosophy: "From the earth to your plate"
Sample Meal Plan:
Breakfast: Fruit, yogurt, amaranth, eggs
Lunch: Grilled fish or chicken tacos, grilled fish curry salad, grilled chicken salad with a sesame & soy dressing, fajitas, gazpacho, chicken tostadas
Snack: Fruit smoothies, fresh fruit salads, hummus or guacamole with carrot and cucumber sticks, jicama with lime
Dinner: Grilled fish with mixed vegetables, Vegetable and chicken curry with brown rice, Fish and vegetable kabobs
Dessert: Watermelon ice, grilled banana, flan.
We do serve coffee and tea in the mornings. Alcohol is also available.

"The Bikini Body Mind-Set"
The Bikini Bootcamp Credo
*the key to a healthy, fit body starts with the mind.
*in having fun while working out.
*in taking a proactive approach to health and fitness.
*that exercise and eating well should never be boring, time-consuming, unrealistic, or a chore.
*the thought of working out should not inspire dread.
*that results come from consistency-you should never be able to mess up a program with one or two little slips.
*that the Bikini Bootcamp program will work for you-no matter what your goals.

The book also offers a 2 week program, cookbook, including: shopping lists, dressings, marinades, sides, salsas, and beverages, as well as tips for "Living the Lifestyle."

What I Thought...
What I love most about this book is that beyond the fun and flirty title, it speaks a meaningful message. The bottom like is that the benefits of exercise go beyond looking good but it is about feeling strong and healthy. It gives everything I mentioned above plus tons of extras like sample playlists to workout to, daily inspirations, beauty tips and secrets, etc. It truly is a comprehensive program that works from the mind out to the body. I like to use it more as inspiration and to stay in shape than to lose weight . It is fun to do and one of the first programs I was actually able to stick to when I was initially trying to get back into shape after college. By the way, gentlemen, Bikini Bootcamp is for men too! While the book is mainly aimed at women, the BBC Spa in Mexico holds 25 spots for women and 25 for men, so don't feel left out :)

What do you think? Have you heard of this program before? Does it sound like something you would try?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, our measly teacher salary...we shouldn't have to say that. I'm moving to Sweden where teachers are one of the highest paid salaries. I think it's Sweden...

Tara Gibson said...

i have heard about this and always wanted to try it. thanks for posting all the info

All Things Jaime said...

Would love to go, but not for that price! I don't have the book ... I think it may be my next purchase.

Anonymous said...

Never heard of it but I might try it out- the book that is, not the trip!