Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Holiday Weekend Recap

Happy belated Fourth! Hope all my fellow Americans had a fun long weekend...We had a blast down at the Jersey Shore. Lots of fun BBQs with friends and Cooper got to take his first trip out on the boat!


With Grandpa (Dan's dad)



Driving the boat


Safety First...


Water Dog!


Doggie Paddle


Drying off...


With my sleepy baby...


Watch Dog...

Day 2:


Boating w/ friends...


Tubing

My friend Jaime and I even swam from the boat to a near by island and back twice. It wasn't far...I'm not exactly sure what the distance was in meters but probably a couple of pool lengths. Regardless it was open water and I did get brushed by a baby jelly fish but the swim was fun and refreshing!

Sunday morning I ran 8 miles on the boardwalk (from Spring Lake to Bradley Beach and back for you Jersey Shore fans :) I wanted to run when I got back home yesterday but this heat is killing me! I used to be such a summer person...I don't know what happened to me but I just can't handle this heat. I need to start getting up early to run but I get nervous with the cars on the road at the early hours of the morning here.

Dan finished up the 3-day weekend golfing w/ friends while I spent it relaxing and catching up on work with Cooper :) Its back to the grind my friends...

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh my gosh, what a face on that puppy! Glad you had a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun weekend! And Cooper is TOO cute.

When I lived in CO, I would get up super early in the summer to get my long runs done. It would just get too hot and I didn't like running in that!

Amber said...

The dog in the lifejacket pictures are the CUTEST things I've ever seen! Seriously, ever!

Stephanie said...

I love your puppy, he is adorable! We also have a life jacket for our dog, I think it's so cute to see a dog in a life jacket!
I agree this summer everywhere seems to be unusually hot, I have even dreaded morning runs because it never cools off.

It looks like you had an awesome weekend! Have a great short week!