Thursday, July 1, 2010

June Running Review

June Running Review

"This is what really matters: running. This is where I know where I am."
~Steve Jones (former world record marathon holder)


Past Monthly Reviews

January: 85.75 miles
February: 58 miles
March: 68 miles
April: 95.22 miles
May: 74.6 miles

June Stats

Number of Miles: 97.17 (**highest this year**)
Days Running: 17/30
Days at the Gym: 8/30 (Pilates, FIT, yoga, lifting, and cross training)
Longest Run: 13 miles
Days of Speed Work: 8 (not including races)
Number of Runs over 10 miles: 2
Number of Races: 3 (Mini 10k, Presidents Cup 5k, Pine Beach 5k)
Number of Rest Days: 6 (no gym or running)

Thoughts
Although I know 100 miles a month is not a lot compared to many marathoners-in-training I am happy that my mileage is up! Even though I am using a training plan which emphasizes running less...Anyway, June was a fun month for running and for fitness in general.

Looking Ahead
I am exciting to increase my mileage and continue with marathon training! I am enjoying the long runs (although they have not gotten very long yet!) and I love that with the training plan I am using I can still do speed work. I am going to try to tone down the racing as the summer continues and focus more on endurance and training. I think I said that last month too...but I really mean it this time!

8 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Congrats on a great mileage month! You are going to do awesome with marathon training. And I would totally trade some of those miles I log for some of your speed!

Elle said...

Girl... I am always just in awe of how much time you spend working out... I wish I had the motivation/desire to get up and get my butt in the gym that often!

Anonymous said...

Looks great so far! I'm not very good about cross training. And by "not very good" I really mean "I don't do it." Not because I don't want to, but because, um....I just don't. Ab workouts, YES! That is all. I should work on that...

Anonymous said...

WTG on the high mileage! You are doing great...it is so tough not to compare oneself (we all do it) but this is YOUR training and it is geat!

Robyn said...

Congrats on the high mileage! One of these months I'll keep track haha.

erica said...

Dang girly you rocked June with running! Congrats on your mileage! Enjoy the 4th!

xo

Anonymous said...

That's really good in my book. I couldn't even touch those stats with a fifty foot pole. Keep up the good work!

You have an award on my blog. :)

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

Nice job on the miles. I have been so busy with the new job I seem to have missed some of your posts. I need to go back and find the one about the marathon.

I look forward to following your training. Keep it up.