Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Marathon Training Weeks 5 & 6

Marathon Training Week 5




July 20-26
Monday: REST
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 5K Race
Thursday: Hills
Friday: REST
Saturday: REST
Sunday: 16 Mile Long Run

*Lots of rest in week 6. Too much really. This was a hotttt week and we were really hurting from the first 20-miler from the previous week. We were going to do this week's long run on Saturday but the weather was going to be better on Sunday so these weeks are a little mixed up but you get the idea...

Marathon Training Week 6

July 27-31
Monday: Fitness Yoga
Tuesday: Track (AM) Pilates (PM)
Wednesday: Tempo
Thursday: Hills
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday: Long

*Planned Runs

Yesterday morning, I got up early and met my dad at the track. The weather was beautiful and it made such a difference! It was 65 degrees with relatively low humidity...it was perfect. I was a little nervous about the workout on the schedule because it looked tough.

The Workout:
2 x 1200 @ 4:55
4 x 800 @ 3:13

Stats:
5.01 miles
34:33 minutes
6:53 average pace
5:13 best pace

Splits
1.29 mile warm up

1200~ 4:50 (6:19 pace)
1200~ 4:44 (6:07 pace)
800~ 3:01 (5:49)
800~ 3:03 (5:59)
800~ 3:03 (5:57)
800~ 3:02 (5:56)

Cool Down

The track was pretty crowded because it was a beautiful morning so I couldn't always run on the inside lane. Some of the distances are a little longer, which is why the paces don't match the distance...

This workout went surprisingly well for me. I felt great the whole time...except maybe that last 800. It was so nice to be out running in the beautiful weather. It almost makes me want to get up this early everyday to run! Totally worth the 5am wake up call. Plus, Cooper appreciates it when I'm up that early anyway. I have a tempo run planned for today and hopefully hills tomorrow.
Have a happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Keri, your running posts are such an inspiration to me! Elle just told me last night that running in Califonia is so pleasant due to the cooler temps and low humidity. Hope that you're having a wonderful summer dear! xoxox

Andrea said...

Hasn't the break from the heat been delightful! Did you see the forecast for the weekend? Highs in the upper 70s!! Looking forward to my 9 mile run in this weather (as opposed to last Saturday with a heat index of 110).

All Things Jaime said...

You're getting speedier ... not that you weren't fast to start off with!! I had a very similiar track workout last week!!

Good luck on your second 20 miler!!

Maureen Lisa said...

You're doing so well!! How is Cooper doing?? He is so cute I can't get over it!

Robyn said...

I can't even fathom how fast you're running haha. This weather as of late definitely helps!

RunToTheFinish said...

holy cow those are some awesome paces!!

Anonymous said...

It blows my mind how fast you run. I'm working on averaging an 8:30 pace for my half marathon and that to me seems pushing it. haha