Monday, July 26, 2010

Giveaway Winner, Long Run, and Weekend

The winner of the CSN gift card giveaway is....

The Fam from The Finer Things. Email me and I will get you in touch with my contact. Thanks to everyone who entered!

Today was a busy, but really fun day! My 18-miler turned into a 16-miler but I'm okay with it. What I'm not okay with is that the strap of my Garmin broke so I looped the watch around my water belt (pinned together) since I couldn't wear it on my wrist. I thought it was a good idea, but unfortunately, the sensor or whatever connects with the satellite wasn't facing the sky so all my stats were off :( My dad had his watch so I know we did 16 in about 2 1/2 hours...

After brunch I went to brunch with the girls where we each had to mimosas. After brunch I took a much needed nap and then Dan and I went out for ice cream.



My ice cream cone was just as big...Oh and boo Yankees by the way...I am a Mets fan.

Oh yeah on Saturday we were driving home and passed the salon from Jerseylicious so I made him drive through the lot so I could take a picture.


The funny thing is there were other girls there doing the same thing. Too funny. Such an indulgent weekend :)
Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

Healthy. Happy. Well. said...

I need to read that book! The Japanese are so intriguing to me. Thanks for the suggestion. Also, I'm training for my first marathon, I've done a half... but with the intensity of training and mileage picking up my knees are really feeling the heat. Any suggestions for braces or joint supplements? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you and have a most beautiful week =)

Robyn said...

Nothing like some good ice cream to reward yourself after a 16-miler!

Anonymous said...

ICE CREAM!!!!!

Maureen Lisa said...

That's so funny, Kyle's mom was just watching that show. Are you around any of the Real Housewives from NJ? How crazy are those people?!

So now I'm a little upset you didn't rig it so I could win again hahah but I'm thinking it may be because I'm a Phillies fan....I hope we can still be friends!