Sunday, July 18, 2010

Marathon Training: Week 4 Results and Looking Ahead to Week 5

Training Plan Schedule
Week 4




Actual
Sunday: REST
Monday: 3 x 1000s (Track) + warm up & cool down
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: 6 miles (4 Tempo)
Thursday: FIT
Friday: REST
Saturday: 20-miler
Total Miles: 30

Wow, I rested a lot this week!
Next week:

Training Plan Schedule
Week 5


I cannot believe I am in week 5 of marathon training. These first few weeks have flown by and I already have one 20-miler under my belt. I hope to be able to do the track workout tomorrow but it will depend on how my legs feel, and on Wednesday there is another 5k that I plan to use as my tempo run. That 18 miles at an 8:45 pace scares me a little but it should be interesting to see if I can do it!

3 comments:

Running and living said...

Great job. And you CAN do the 18 miler, just go early to escape the heat!

All Things Jaime said...

You will definitely be able to run the 18 ... piece of cake after 20 :)

Maureen Lisa said...

I love that you're using the book! I really need to do that and focus more...You're good!