1 down...4 to go...20-milers that is! This morning my dad and I ran the first of at least 5 20-milers we will be running as a part of marathon training. It felt so good to get out there and run that kind of distance again. I have not run that far since the Philly Marathon last November!
The Goal: 20 Miles @ 9:00 pace
Actual Workout: 20 Miles @ 9:06 pace
Not bad! I am happy considering by the time we were done it was 89 degrees! Also, the good news is that I am training to run the marathon in 3:30. My actual BQ time is 3:40 and that first 20-miler is supposed to be run at 9:23 (according to Run Less, Run Faster, anyway) so I am feeling very good about this run! For some reason, and I don't know what it is, 20-milers are always easier for me than a middle distance run, say 10-13 miles.
Stats
20.00 miles
3:02:12
9:06 pace
Splits
Mile 1~9:10
Mile 2~9:09
Mile 3~9:49 (hill)
Mile 4~8:58
Mile 5~9:07
Mile 6~8:57
Mile 7~9:04
Mile 8~8:56
Mile 9~9:14
Mile 10~9:07
*Whew...I am tired just typing this!
Mile 11~9:18
Mile 12~8:58
Mile 13~9:36
Mile 14~9:05
Mile 15~9:41
Mile 16~9:41
Mile 17~9:43 (hill)
Mile 18~8:40
Mile 19~8:13
Mile 20~7:35
We left around 7am...we should have left earlier but I went to a concert last night and wanted to sleep in for a bit...if sleeping until 5:45 is sleeping in. I am going to need a nap later. Tonight we are taking my sister out to dinner and drinks for her birthday so I will need to rest up! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
7 comments:
Wow I'm exhausted reading this! Nicely done. Enjoy tonight, you deserve it!
Great job!
You can surely do a 3:30.
I like FIRST, too. I used it for all my previous marathons (3). Some don't like it bc it is hard, but you and I like hard:) I moved away from it this time because honestly I got bored with it. The plan I am using now is similar to FIRST, except it has a bit more variety.
I totally see a BQ in your future! Great job on the run!
Great job on 20 miles, that is no easy task. You will definitely be in a great spot to hit 3:30 with all the work you are putting in!
Wow, you rock girlie!!
xoxo jen @ shesafitchick
20 miles ... wow!! 5 20 milers will definitely get you in marathon shape! I need to step it up! :) Great job!!
My legs get tired with me just reading that!! WTG!!!
Post a Comment