So I have been the worst blog reader ever. I've been very busy this week working on something that I have been wanting to tell you guys...
Here's the routine I did:
Cardio Warm up
Back Lunge
Lunge & Lift
Lunge & Twist
Lunge & Twist w/ Lift
Plie Squat
Plie Squat w/ bicep curl
Hold & Tap
Planks
Swimming
Plank w/ Medicine Ball
Bridge
Roll up
Stretch
And the play list:
Waka Waka - Shakira
Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
Make Her Say - Kid Cudi, Kanye West
Beautiful Girl Remixs - The Workout Heroes
She said I did really well for never having been in front of a group before and they loved my routine and thought my form was good. They also said I gave good safety cues, but that I needed to work on cuing earlier and more concisely. They assured me that this is something that comes with practice and that I would be perfect to teach boot camp! I am so happy that it went well because this is something I have been wanting to do for awhile now and I was seriously afraid I was going to blow it completely. Now I am off for a celebratory run!
10 comments:
Congrats! I taught group exercise for three years and they are right, cueing is something that comes with practice. I'm sure you do great. Make sure you check out my blog today. There's something for you on it!
Yay! I'm sure you'll make an awesome instructor. How fun.
So exciting!!! I'm sure you'll be great! I would love to get into this, too!
That is really awesome! :) Sounds like a great job!
That's VERY cool! Congrats!!!
Congratulations! I'd love to take your class if I lived near; you sound like you could whip me into shape! I don't need to lose weight, but other than walking all over campus for class I get no exercise since I graduated high school when I was cheering, dancing, and doing gymnastics. I'm a bit of a slug now! One of these days, I will get off my arse and take exercising seriously. I wouldn't mind taking a ballet class again. I loved taking ballet. But a class for people my age is hard to come by for dance unless I take it at my university, but at this point I'd be so far behind their level of ability it would just be too embarrassing. It is possible I could come up with my own ballet routine. I still remember things from taking dance classes so hard, but I'm sure I'd need guidance after a while as to how to push myself. I hope you get this job! :)
Congrats girlie that is awesome!! xoxo Jen @ shesafitchick
Yayayay congrats!! So exciting! If I'm every up north you'll have to get me a special person class and I'll totally come take your class!
That is so awesome! I would love to teach a class, like spinning or something! How fun, congrats!
i love the home gym -- i'm so jealous. i run next to insulation and am sick of it. My treadmill needs a nice new home this winter, I think!
Post a Comment