I love being off from work! Fortunately today my dad was also off so we made up for the 20 miler we missed 2 weeks ago when I was away. This week we were supposed to do 18, which I also hope to make up at some point but I would rather miss an 18 than miss a 20. The run went pretty well today. It was 68 degrees when we started the run but as always, the humidity is higher in the morning. My legs were a little stiff, I'm not sure why. Probably a combination of all the speed workouts I have been doing (read: actually following the training plan for a change...) as well as the mat pilates class I took yesterday. A few miles in I was feeling pretty good. We stopped for Gu, water, and a bathroom break at miles 6 and then again at 9, mainly because that is where the bathrooms are located on this route. My dad picked up some more GU yesterday and we tried a new flavor, Jet Blackberry and it was delicious! Tasted pretty much like jelly. Right around mile 14 the pain started to set in at the same time my dad started feeling good, of course. I drank some more water, had another GU and told myself it was only 6 more miles. The next 5 miles flew by and when I knew I only had one more I gave it all I had just to finish. About halfway through the last mile I realized if I kept up my pace I could finish the run in under 3 hours, so of course I had to do it.
Stats
20.01 miles
2:59:54
8:59 average pace (yay!)
5:29 best pace
Splits
Mile 1~8:58
Mile 2~8:57
Mile 3~9:21
Mile 4~9:08
Mile 5~9:12
Mile 6~8:48
Mile 7~8:59
Mile 8~9:06
Mile 9~9:11
Mile 10~9:21
Mile 11~9:33
Mile 12~8:42
Mile 13~9:05
Mile 14~8:50
Mile 15~9:08
Mile 16~9:23 (hill)
Mile 17~8:42
Mile 18~9:08
Mile 19~9:07
Mile 20~ 6:59
After the run I had to run some errands and get back to my apartment quickly because we are going camping and white water rafting this weekend...wish me luck!
7 comments:
Awesome job! Can't wait to see how great you do at the marathon!
Wow if I did 20 miles, I'd spend the rest of the day recovering and you're going camping!! Have fun.
NICE job on that 20 miler!!!
Have a fun weekend :)
what a great run! :D It's awesome that you get to run with your dad! :D White water rafting is SO much fun! You'll enjoy it! Have fun! :D
Nice work! I'm so like you...if I knew I could break x time on a run, I'd work to make it happen! Enjoy your weekend now that the long one is behind you.
You are amazing with all your mileage!!! I love the father daughter activity!!
White water rafting is SOOOOOO much fun!!! I am not much of a camp person, sleeping outside and all...but after a fun day of activity, I could go for some S'mores and a fire. Have fun!
Did you seriously finish with a 6:59? Seriously! You're crazy girl! Great job!
Post a Comment