Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Track , Gym, and Wine

Today was a track day! Being in the peak of marathon training, the workouts are definitely getting harder. Today was no exception:

On the schedule: 3 x (2 x 1200) @ 4:55

Stats:
5.55 miles
37.19 minutes
6:43 average pace

Splits:
1 mile warm up (8:14)

1~ 4:55 - (6:27 pace)
2~ 4:49 - (6:23 pace)
3~ 4:45- (6:21 pace)

**water/phone break**
I called my dad, since he was at work and couldn't come...

4~4:49 - (6:22 pace)
5~4:46 - (6:17 pace)
6~4:52 - (6:29 pace)

I walked a 400 meter RI in between each one and took a longer break in between splits 3 and 4. I felt great during this workout! Even though it was overcast and a little rainy, the weather was 67 and it felt beautiful! This is one workout I would not have been able to complete in the 90 degree heat and humidity NJ has been having.

After the track I ate lunch and showered. A little bit later I met my mom at the gym for a weights sesh. We did back, shoulder, chest, biceps, triceps and core. I spent about a 1/2 hour making a pretty chart for you that blogger won't let me post! So frustrating!!


It felt good to get back to the weight room. I haven't done a solo workout in awhile and my body needed it. I was a little sore from a great yoga class yesterday but it was definitely worth it. Now, after all that activity I am relaxing with a glass of wine in my big round chair.



Old pic, but you get the idea...

6 comments:

All Things Jaime said...

Ahhh, jealous! My evening is looking the same minus the track workout and gym session.

Great job on your 1200's. Those are all great times!!!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

Wait..is that the leopard SNUGGGIE???

I was totally searching for them around X mas to give as pollyanna (and maybe one for me, maybe not, lol)--I had to opt for the boring blue one :(

Your runs sounds fabulous as always!

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

wow!! Great workout!! You definitely inspire me! :D and OH MY GOODNESS!!! I LOVE YOUR CHAIR!! :D

Q said...

Oh I would love to curl up in a big round chair with a glass of wine!

Stephanie said...

That looks like a fantastic evening, and well deserved after a killer track workout!

I absolutely LOVE that chair, I feel like it is big enough I could actually curl my whole self up on it! I need one of those pronto!

Anonymous said...

HAHA, I knew I was going to LOVE this post because it had 'wine' in the title. Snuggie on...