Monday, August 9, 2010

Marathon Training: Weeks 7 & 8

Marathon Training Week 7

August 2-7
Sunday: REST
Monday:5.08 Track
Tuesday: Pilates Reformer
Wednesday: 5.0 miles
Thursday: REST
Friday: 4.0 @ 7:40 (Tempo Run)
Saturday: 13.1 Long Run (MP)
Total Miles: 27.9

Marathon Training Week 8

August 8-14
*Planned Workouts
Sunday: REST
Monday: 5.52 miles Track (see below!)
Tuesday: *Pilates Reformer
Wednesday: *Tempo
Thursday: *Mat Pilates
Friday: *Long Run
Saturday: REST

This week's track workout was 2 x (6 x 400) @ 1:35. I almost got up early this morning to do it but I am always too tired to get up early on a Monday after a busy weekend, so 4pm it was. Unfortunately, it was also 95 degrees. Boo. Luckily the humidity was low.

Stats
5.52 miles
40:15 minutes
7:17 average pace
5:11 best pace

1.2 mile warm up (approx. 10 min) @ 8:35 pace

Set #1
1:33 (6:03) - 2:16 jog
1:29 (5:50) - 2:20 jog
1:30 (5:59) - 2:27 jog
1:28 (5:56) - 2:26 jog
1:29 (5:55) - 2:31 jog
1:27 (5:49) - WATER and WALK

I ran the first set with a jogging rest interval (400) between each split. After the first set I stopped for water and walked a lap around the track. I started up again but was unable to continue jogging the rest intervals so I walked them. It was so hot I was just happy to complete all 12!

Set #2
1:27 (5:58)
1:30 (5:53)
1:29 (5:56)
1:28 (5:47)
1:28 ( 5:44)
1:26 (5:35)

I was too pooped for a cool down, but I did manage to stretch :) My paces were a little faster in the second set but only because I walked the RI. I was in a foul mood after work today and there was no better place to get it all out than the track. It really did the trick. I am so happy with this workout and was thoroughly exhausted by the end!

5 comments:

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

Wow, 5:11 best pace!! All your stats are super impressive!! You go girl!!! You're amazing!

Never poop out on your cool-down, even if your pooped, lol ;-)

Keri said...

Ha. I know, you're right. I walked, does that count??

Anonymous said...

WOW, you're training seems to be going amazingly. KEEP IT UP!!!

Maureen Lisa said...

You did so good! How have you been feeling about the low mileage? I like the running less but I get nervous. Then again you're in great shape and I worry about not burning enough!

Anonymous said...

Please email me or do a post on how you have gotten so fast at running. I mean I can run a 7 minute mile, but there is no way I can maintain it any longer after that. Is it all about will power and just pushing through it so much that you get used to it? Yesterday I went out for a 4 mile run and got my husband on a bike and told him to keep a 9 minute pace and I was to stay up with him the whole time. I don't know if it was the humidity or what but it was a struggle! I'm kinda getting discouraged so I'm wondering if I just need a Jillian Michaels to yell at me and push me through it! :)