Thank you for all your nice comments on my dad’s guest post! If you haven’t read it yet, be sure to check it out! He worked very hard on it and is a much better writer than I am :) Hopefully he will come back with future posts!
This weekend, Dan and I were supposed to go up to his lake house to rest up post-marathon, but we decided not to go. With an entire weekend of no plans ahead of us, we decided it was the perfect time to do something we have been meaning to do for months now…take Cooper on his first trip to Central Park! When I ran the Mini back in June, my dad and I stumbled upon a little cafe full of dogs and their owners. I knew I had to come back with Coop, so yesterday, Dan and I loaded up the car and took Cooper on his first trip to the big apple. At first he was overwhelmed by all the cars, big buildings, and people but as soon as we got to the park, he made himself at home…
Aaaand we’re off!
Come on Cooper…
Oh, you’re taking pictures?
Running to daddy…
Oooh more puppies!
Next year New York, next year.
We walked around the park for awhile, met some other pups, had lunch at a dog-friendly cafe and met up with my friend, Arielle who lives in the city. She is walking towards us in the above pic! It was great to see her…I hadn’t seen her in so long!
I still haven’t run since the marathon. I took the entire week off, but was hoping to run a short 3 miles today. Unfortunately, my knee was bothering me when I woke up today. Probably from the hours of walking we did yesterday in the park. I iced on and off all day and wore my knee brace when walking. The pain is not so bad that I could not get through a run, but I figure since I have been resting for a full week now, I should try to get rid of all the pain before I start up again. I am considering taking another full week off which is unheard of for me, but I really want to train smart. I have been going to the gym and doing upper body and mat pilates (no impact). I am hoping to be able to get back to some easy lower body stuff this week, specifically, lunges to strengthen my quads in order to protect the knee. We will see. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I am about to relax on the couch with my book.
7 comments:
Your dad's guest post was awesome. It was so neat reading about you guys' journey in running together. My parents are finally getting accepting of me running, and I only run 5Ks and 10Ks, lol. But my mom still freaked out the first time I told her that I ran 6 miles :). All the pics of you and the dog are so cute, too!
Hope you get to run again soon- and enjoy that book. I read one of her other books (Prep) and it was really good.
Amy Lauren
Your dog is so cute! I think it's wise of you to take another week off. I remember doing the same thing when I ran marathons. Always better safe than sorry!
Oh, I love central park!!!! Great photos :)
Love your dog...super cute!!
What a great day!!! Such cute pics! Awesome you guys got to take a trip to NYC with the pup!
Your dads guest post is adorable, I love the relationship you guys have and how he got you into running, and now it's a passion you BOTH share. It's so special, and inspiring!
Yay! I can comment!!
Your puppy is way too cute. Looks like you had a lot of fun! I am a new follower of your blog!
xo
Post a Comment