Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lottery Day...NYC that is

Whew, busy day yesterday = no time to post. I had my final tenure observation (all went well), a long day at work, a tutoring sesh after work and then it was straight to the gym for FIT class. No running yesterday. After 4 days in a row it was time for a rest day. After class I came back to a super hot apartment. It was 84 degrees inside and we cannot turn the air on because someone that works for our complex has to come in and switch it over from the winter setting and I quote: "We don't do that this early." What do you mean you don't do that this early?? It is going to be 90 degrees today! Being on the 3rd floor, our apartment gets super hot. We barely even need the heat on in the winter, which is really a nice touch on the gas bill.

Anyway, most importantly, today is the day many runners (east coast especially) have been waiting for...Today is the day we find out if we are in the New York Marathon! This is my 3rd year in the lottery and if I don't get in this year (again) then I am automatically in next year. I missed the qualifying time by 11 seconds and while I know I can do it, I wasn't able to run another qualifying race in time to qualify for this year so I left it up to fate.

I'll be back tonight with the verdict. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Lily's Health Pad said...

It's been 90 degrees here too. I can't imagine not being able to turn on the air conditioning! I'd be so mad if I were in your situation. When I'm hot, I can't sleep!

Anonymous said...

I entered the lottery this year and have never even ran one before!! I did it hoping, and I still hope, that I get in for 2012. Good luck...I hope you get in!

Isn't this warm weather a nice change??!?!?!

misszippy said...

Good luck to you! I've never run it, but everyone raves about it.

Elle said...

Oh my goodness.... are you so nervous... you don't seem nervous... I would be so nervous! Good Luck, and hopefully today flies by so fast so you can find out if you're in or not!

Maureen Lisa said...

GOOD LUCK!

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

Good luck on the lottery. I thought about registering, but will wait until next year.

David Yingling said...

Did you get in?! I registered for MCM today and got into that, but there wasn't any lottery.