Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Track and Puppies

Monday Track Workout
Track Workout

With the local schools being off for spring break, my dad and I were finally able to use the town track! You can click on the link above, but here are the details:



4.4 miles
7:30 average pace
Warm up/Stretch
3- 800s w/ a 400 meter RI
2- 400s w/ a 400 meter RI
Cool Down

Splits:
3:02 (5:50 pace)
3:01 (5:58 pace)
3:07 (6:13 pace)
1:33 (6:15 pace)
1:23 (5:31 pace)

*The paces are off from the splits because I went a little over than 1/2 mile, having to run on parts of the outside lanes.


Thanks for all your kind comments lately. I have another Runner's Body post coming up soon. Also, I'm trying to convince Dan that I need a dog. I couldn't copy a picture of the one I am actually interested in but this one looks pretty close.
Don't I need this dog:

8 comments:

Marathonman101108 said...

I'm off this week too!! Hey, great pace, nice track, and yes, you so need the dog! The track workout info. is so cool! You must have the super-duper Garmin to be able to do all that. It's difficult enough for me to get my info. from my Forerunner 305, never mind all the info. that you have. So nice you're running with your Dad. My daughter and I are running a 5 mile race together in June. Enjoy your week off!!

Elle said...

You definitely need a dog! But since you are living in an apartment I might pick something a little lower energy than a lab.... my girlfriend just got a whippet (they sort of look like a grey hound and they love to run, run, run) and he's the cutest little thing ever, and they're pretty low energy compared to labs....

We have three dogs and I can't imagine life without them... they are so fun and loving and they make us get out and get moving more than we ever would without them!

misszippy said...

Awesome that you pulled out a 1:23 at the end of it all! Great job. That little pup is sooo cute. Get one!

Anonymous said...

I am in love with that pup!!!

Maureen Lisa said...

Ok, so hear me out! I'm all for a dog! We've had the same blood line of golden retrivers in my family since my first one...long story. HOWEVER when I move out I don't know if I want my first dog till around my first kid only because it's just the two of you, you're able to get up and go whenever. When you have a dog all that changes! Obviously if you have someone to watch him it's ok but even that it's like oh no can't stay out late the dog's all alone. Can you tell I've thought of this too? Haha holy long comment!

P.S. I got my book! THANK YOU!!!

Lily's Health Pad said...

You need that doggie! Watch out! It will probably eat your sofa though.

Janna (Just Flourishing) said...

I want a puppy so so badly. I keep asking my boyfriend if we can get one.

That one is so cute!

Scott McMurtrey said...

A good running dog is a must!