Sunday, April 4, 2010

Weekend Workouts


Happy Easter!


The weather in NJ has been beautiful these past few days. Too bad I have to go back to work tomorrow :( Oh well, had to end sometime right? I took advantage of the beautiful weather to get some good runs in this weekend. When the weather is nice like this it makes me want to do "two-a-days" but I know that is not good for recovery and that rest is important. This morning's run was the perfect holiday run. The weather was beautiful and kids were out in their Easter outfits and people were walking their dogs. This afternoon Dan and I are going to my parents' house for Easter dinner. We plan to dye eggs and eat lots of food. Have a wonderful holiday if you celebrate and if not have a nice weekend!

Weekend Workouts
No gym this weekend. Pilates was canceled because of Easter and I wanted to stay outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Friday
: Long Run
13 Miler
1:54:53
8:50 Average Pace
Millburn 13 at Garmin Connect

Saturday: Recovery run
3.25 Miles
28:09
8:39 Average Pace
Recovery Run at Garmin Connect

Sunday: Easter Sunday Run
6.23 Miles
53:15
8:32 Average Pace
Chatham 6 at Garmin Connect

8 comments:

David Yingling said...

Happy Easter to you too! The weather is gorgeous and I have made the most of it myself. I made it out for 13.4 this morning and it was perfect!

Lily's Health Pad said...

My spring break ends tomorrow too. Sad day for us both!!


It was fun to have more time to exercise this week though, wasn't it?!

Heather said...

Hello! Stopping by from Lady Bloggers "Tea Party."

I am a runner too, so I will find your blog quite interesting! Can't wait to read up!

Following! ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like NJ is actually getting a Spring- YEAH!

Elle said...

So glad you got some nice weather for your last few days of break! Hope your first day back goes smoothly!

8.50 for your 13 miler... I die of jealousy :)

I was planning on jumping back on the training wagon this week, but I picked up a cold from somewhere, and the sore throat and achiness have kept my butt firmly planted in my seat.... hopefully that will pass sooner rather than later so I can get out and enjoy some runs (and hopefully recalibrate my foot pod) :)

Maureen Lisa said...

you are kickin it girl! You're doing so good : )

Elle said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Talking to you was a big reason why I signed up for San Francisco even though the half was hard for me!

I decided to run for Alzheimer's research. The preppy boyfriends Granna had Alzheimer's and she passed away two years ago in August... her disease was really, really hard on their whole family... So it seems like a good way to honor her memory, while also connecting me with my new medically oriented life in SF... I'm doing a full post about it later this week... and thanks in advance for your generosity! :)

How is Dan? Is he healing up nicely?

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

Nice job on the 13 miler, that run rocked for a workout run.