Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blizzard 2010 and a Recipe

Hello!
How is everyone's day going? I am loving this snow day...Apparently they declared a state of emergency in NJ because Dan's office is closed too, so we are snowed in together which is nice. I probably would have gone a bit stir crazy if I was alone all day but we are having fun! We watched Couples' Retreat (it was kind of stupid, but I like Vince Vaughn) and made some delicious snow-day stew!




I got the idea for this stew from last month's issue of Runners' World. Since I tend to buy a lot of veggies I had most of the ingredients already so I just threw them all into the pot. It was so easy and the result was delicious! The actual recipe that I was inspired by can be found here, but as you can see, I made mine into a stew or soup instead of chili. I substituted cubed beef instead of ground beef. (I am not the greatest at following recipes and am more of a wing-it kind of girl.) I could have done without the meat at all because the rest of the recipe is fairly hearty but Dan was eating it too.

Speaking of Dan, he is outside shoveling some snow and digging my car out:


Here are some more pics from Blizzard 2010 :)


The woods behind our apartment...



Hope everyone is having a great day!

No comments: