Anyway, yesterday was a fun, but busy day. My coworkers threw me a surprise bday breakfast (the surprise being that my birthday wasn't until today) and I was completely surprise. Fortunately i wore an a nice outfit to school. One of my assistants even brought/prepared me a whole wheat everything bagel with cream cheese and lox. It was the fanciest classroom birthday breakfast I have ever been too :) The school day was nuts because I got a new student, and that always makes for a crazy day. After work, my Dad and I headed straight for the track to get in some speed work. We warmed up, did 4- 400s with a 400 meter rest interval. Then did 4- 100s with a 100 meter rest interval then cooled down. My 400 splits looked like this:
1:25
1:27
1:26
1:29
Then my 100s were as follows: 16 (seconds), :16, :16, :17.
I won't post the rest splits but they were all around 2:30. Overall, I ran:
3.37 miles
28:46
8:31 average pace
4:33 best pace (those 100s)
After the sprints, I headed to FIT class with my mom (post later, I promise!) Then I rushed out of class to meet my friend Cathy for a drink/dinner and no, I did not take a shower, please do not judge! :) We had a blast, but I was ready to get home after a long day.
This morning I woke up early to shower :) since I obviously didn't the night before. When I got out of the shower I saw this:
I guess a long time ago I mentioned that sunflowers were my fav and he remembered! Also, Dan and has mom have this cute tradition where they each get one funny card, and one sappy card for each other on birthdays so that is what Dan did for me. The other night when I received my Garmin, he gave me the funny card, and this morning with the flowers, he gave me the cutesy card (and made me cry). I loved it.
Okay, I must run because I am going to be late for work! Have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like it's been a lot of good celebration so far :)
Yay for Happy Birthday weeks! Have a great weekend!
What a great tradition and Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment