Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Recap

Whew. This was a fun weekend! I usually have more time to blog over the weekend (as a teacher, I can't blog from work) but this weekend I had no time! Its okay because that just means I have more to tell you about :) And I promise this is the last you will hear about my birthday until next year! Or at least I will try...

Okay so Friday was my actual birthday. After work, my Dad and I went for a birthday run (6 miles for 26 years old). Later that evening, Dan and I went back to my parents' house for dinner. My Mom made a delicious fettuccine alfredo dish with shrimp and scallops (so good!) and we had the best tiramasu cake for dessert.
How cute is this cake??



It was seriously so good! After cake we did presents:



My parents are very sneaky...they gave me...



Any empty box! They had wrapped up my empty polar watch/heart rate monitor box, then stuck it in my empty mizuno sneaker box...


Anyway, they got me the heart rate monitory that goes with my new garmin, but apparently every running store in NJ was out of it! They had to order it and I get it sometime this week. I am so excited about all my new gear. My sister got me some godiva truffles, (I have already eaten most of them...can you tell I like chocolate?) and my Mom gave me some lip gloss and a some money to get my hair done. (Dan keeps telling me I need to pick a hair color, which is true, but I can't decide if I should go dark or back to blonde...) After dinner, we went out for a drink, but I reallllly wanted to go home and watch my dvr-ed shows (project runway, and real housewives, hellllo) I can't believe how old I am. I was perfectly happy spending my birthday with my family and Dan. So after one drink, we left, came home, and curled up with some wine, a truffle, and the dvr. Not very exciting, but I did have some birthday plans with friends on Sunday to rest up for :)

Saturday was pretty uneventful, but Sunday was the big day. Birthday Brunch Day! Instead of getting all the ladies together for a big night out...I decided to do a Sunday brunch in NYC with unlimited Mimosas and Bloody Mary's! I can't hang like I used to , and I've always been more of a morning person so brunch was perfect! We went to a place called Il Bastardo, which was actually on The Hills (yes, seriously) and we had a blast!

Arielle and Me


Gillian and a very large Bloody Mary...


Dan and his ladies (the one on the left is his sister)


Part of the group


Dan and the ladies...


And what would a birthday be without one shot??
I may have had to ask the bartender to make mine 1/2 juice...

See you tomorrow with that FIT post (finally!)

3 comments:

Elle said...

YAY! What a super birthday weekend! I LOVE the idea of brunch for your birthday, I may have to steal that one next year! I'm 26 this year too, and I totally feel you on the not being able to hang part. Come 10:30 or 11:00 I'm ready to be home and resting... I love it that you can't pick a hair color. The preppy boyfriend and I have been together for 4 and a half years, and somewhere after year two his mother asked him if he knew what my real hair color was... she's very sweet, that kind of makes her sound snotty, but in those first few years my hair was everything from dark brown, to blonde to red...
I keep meaning to ask you is your header a picture of you? Love it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous time :)

CIP said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It sounds and looks like you had a great time :)