Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day #2 and Valentines

When you run in the morning, you gain time in a sense. It's like stretching 24 hours into 25. You may need to sleep less and get up earlier, but if you can get by that, running early seems to expand the day.
~Fred Lebow, Founder of the NYC Marathon

I love this quote. I am such a morning person and am always looking to find more hours in the day, so I thought this was perfect!

As you can probably tell from the midday posting, I am home on another snow day today! I do love snow days, but we will be making up all these days in June...I was going to attempt to make it to the gym today but my little volvo is terrible in the snow and when Dan tried to dig her out, she got stuck! Oh well, I guess I will be doing some on demand and wii fit workouts today.

I also plan to walk to the nearby shopping center and pick up some essentials for Valentines Day. I am not exactly sure what I am going to get yet, but I hope to be inspired when I get there! We have a ton of stores in the shopping center so I hope I am able to find some good stuff! Last year Valentine's Day was 2 weeks after Dan and I moved into this apartment. We had finally just settled down, and his friends invited us on a long weekend ski trip to Vermont. I didn't want to go because a.) I don't ski or snowboard, but mostly b.) we had JUST moved into our apartment together and after all the excitement I really just wanted a nice quiet Valentine's Day in our new home. Dan decided to go anyway (and yes he paid for that decision...I was really mad!). He knew he was in the dog house and went totally overboard with gifts. I obviously would have rather had him to spend the weekend with instead of extravagant gifts, but of course I still enjoyed them. Last year he got me a Sony Reader:



Source

He also had hidden 2 dozen roses, chocolates, and chocolate covered strawberries for me to find in the apartment. Trust me, that didn't get him off the hook, but I do love my reader! I am currently reading Elizabeth Gilbert's, Committed on it. I did get him a couple of small things last year, but nothing crazy, and I do hope to do a little better this year! Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that you should show the one you love how you feel all the time, and not just on Valentine's Day but it is a fun little holiday. I like to celebrate with my kids at school too and get them little treats/valentines.

How do you feel about Valentine's Day? Doing anything special?

5 comments:

Melissa @ So These Are My Thirties said...

Such a great quote. I've been struggling with accepting the fact that I NEED to work out in the morning rather than at night, and that just might be the thing that inspires me to do so! Thanks for posting that :)

Maureen Lisa said...

Ah I would have killllllled him!! He would have came back and I would have moved out haha. Kyle and I aren't really doing much. We actually have nothing planned. I got him a little thing of chocolates and framed a pic of us running Brian's Run in Westchester in Dec.

Running and living said...

Committed is such a great book. Love Liz Gilberts! Not much of a V person myself, we';; go out to dinner, eat chocolate, exchange cards! Enjoy! Oh, and do try swimming! If I can do it, anyone can:)

Rachel said...

Hey Keri, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Hope to get to know you better
Rachel :)

Amber said...

I just found your blog! I'm a runner too and I LOVE doing my runs in the morning! There's nothing like knowing your run is over and done with for the day and having that great feeling it gives you to carry you through the day!

I'm not doing anything special for V-day :( My boyfriend lives 600 miles away. LOL. I'm actually going to be heading out on a run here soon!