Thursday, February 25, 2010

Exciting News and Opinions Please

I received some exciting news today. A few weeks ago I responded to an ad for a group fitness instructor at a local gym and today I was contacted by the head of group fitness inquiring about my availability to come in for an audition! This is very exciting as I passed my test months ago, and haven't really done anything to get hired. I went on one interview around the holidays, but it turns out they were looking more for personal trainers. While I am interested in personal training (I am currently studying for that test) I am not the world's best sales person, and I ended up deciding that the job was not for me. We are in the process of setting up the audition (audition sounds so much scarier than interview, doesn't it?) and I am waiting to hear back about the details regarding the entire process. I am nervous, but even if it doesn't work out, it will be good practice for future auditions.

On another note, I need your opinions regarding blog headers. I am playing around with the look of my page. Hopefully this spring I will get some new running pics and put something together that is a little more personal instead of finding pics on the internet. I'm also not really sure how to make the header fit in the space. Please let me know which pic you like better:


OR


I can't decide!
Okay I am off to enjoy my 2nd snow day.

8 comments:

EricaH said...

Well I have no advice on the personal trainer tip aside from the fact if it's something you really want to do you should go for it. but for the pics they are both great but I would go with the one you currently have up. :)

Anonymous said...

First of all congrats!

As far as the pictures go, I like the bottom one. I normally like providing reasons why I chose one option over another but I don't know why... I just like it better!

NY Wolve said...

I prefer bottom one for what is worth. Maybe the snow outside makes me yearn for dry land.

Amber said...

Good luck!!

I like the second header :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the audition! And I like the first one a lot :)

Sarah said...

Hi! I like the header that you currently have :) Funny you posted this, because I posted the same thing today! Im looking for a new layout and entire blog revision. Searching for new layouts that are cute are harder to find than you think!

As for the personal training/sales, I find that it is easier to sell something that you truly believe in. I was in sales for about 8 months, and I could only really "sell" it to someone if I loved the product. If you believe in it, you really can sell it without feeling guilty. I can only imagine that health/fitness would be a great area to work in!

Lily's Health Pad said...

I can't decide which pic I like best! I like them both. :-)

Good luck on your group fitness audition! I dream of being a Body Attack instructor one day. The shyness really gets in the way for me though. It's going to take a lot of practice for me to come out of my shell.

Marathonman101108 said...

Good luck; and definitely picture #2. #1 is nice, but #2 is a great action shot with the clouds and sky in the background.