Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tempo Run and Snow Day!

Yay for snow days! Its days like this when I LOVE being a teacher :) Just kidding. I do like teaching, but I LOVE snow days! So, being that I am home all day, you may be hearing a lot from me today.

Lets start with yesterday's workout. I did a 4 mile tempo run.

Stats:
4.18 miles
31:39
7:34 average pace (7:48, 7:42, 7:36, 7:20 splits)
6:13 best pace

**I need to get into the habit of warming up before I do speed work...

Its funny because after I complained about the lack of running days in the Run Less, Run Faster program, I've actually been doing a modified version of the program this week. (More yoga, strength training, and speed work). My Dad is on vacation this week and all my runs have been by myself so they have been more business, less talking. Today I am snowed in but tomorrow I plan to do a track workout (200, 400, 600, 800, 800, 400, 600, 200). I will let you know how that goes!

After the run, I went to the gym for an hour of FIT class. It was a tough class! But that's why I love it I guess. This Tuesday we used regular old dumbbells. I grabbed a set of 5 and a set of 8 lbs. and was able to use the 8s almost the whole time! I think its about time I move up to 10lbs for my lower body. Anyway, we warmed up, did some balance drills, lower body (back lunges), upper body (bicep curls) and then put the routine together. Then we did abs on the mat (planks, side planks, etc) then a ridiculous amount of push-ups (oww). Then we started again with the lower body, changing the routine. (Front lunges, side lunges, back row, reverse fly, shoulder press).

Needless to say, I am sore today. Since I am snowed in I will probably do some yoga later, but mostly I will be relaxing today.

2 comments:

Maureen Lisa said...

Ahhhh I missed wishing you a happy birthday...I suck! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I know what you feel about feeling old too...my college players that I coach talk about naps and all this partying and even hearing about it makes me exhausted. I have no idea how I handled being a crazy college kid.

Enjoy your snow day!!! The snow and I are in a big fight so I've told it that it can't come around anymore!

Elle said...

Wow, look at you miss speedy!

Hurray for snow days...

and now that I think about it Lifetime is totally a cougar gym... what does that say about us? hahaha :)