
Source
Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I know not everyone is a big fan of V-day and while I don't see the need to go crazy on this "holiday" it is nice to tell the *people* you love how much they are appreciated. I got my students Transformer themed Valentines with matching pencils (candy is tough in public schools) as well as cards for my family. I put together a little "man basket" for Dan, including: golf balls, golf mags, twizzlers (his fav), a candle, some v-day themed boxers, etc. Nothing crazy, just a few things that I know he likes. He sent me some beautiful roses at work and gave me a box of truffles (I am such a sucker for chocolate, thank God I run so much, because I indulge in chocolate A LOT) and the most beautiful card that again made me cry.
Truffles...so good!
The "Man Basket"
After he already went through it. i should have taken a before pic.
The gifts were beautiful but it was more important for me to spend the holiday with him unlike last year. Instead of going out to dinner, we went to Whole Foods together, picked out some delicious food and cooked. We ate a marinated flank steak with spinach and a stuffed potato on the side. We had some champagne and red wine also. And for dessert: I had a mini pumpkin pecan cheesecake and he had a blueberry tart. So stuffed!
pardon my laptop in the background...
I could only eat half of my dessert! This never happens...
It was a wonderful Valentine's Day :)
3 comments:
Those truffles look so good!!!! And it sounds like you had a great Vday! And I bet your students appreciated your gift. When I taught high school Spanish their gift was actually being able to spend a class period coloring instead of speaking in a language they have no clue how to manage. LOL
Yay! for fun Valentine's at home! :)
Truffles!!
Post a Comment