
Did you get this month's Runner's World? In the question/answer "Ask the Experts" section, someone wrote in to ask if Pilates is good for runners! You guys know what I think, but here is what Runner's World said.
Check it out:
Q: Can doing Pilates help my running?
A: Pilates training uses your body weight or a resistance apparatus to build strength, increase flexibility, and improve posture. It emphasizes building a strong core-those muscles in your abs, lower back, and glutes. A strong core can better absorb the impact of running and help you run with better form, both of which can reduce your risk of injury. The whole-body workouts are available at Pilates studios, gyms, or on instructional DVDs
~Patty Tomlin, C.S.C.S, is a marathoner and Pilates instructor at the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine and Flatiron Athletic Club.
Here are some more articles Runners' World has published in the past about Pilates for Runners:
Breath Enhancers
Lung Power
All in the Balance
1 comment:
haha I did get this month's Runner's World, saw that, and thought of you getting all excited when you read it. I still need to do it!
Post a Comment