Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers for Dan. I have passed them all on :) Unfortunately, it looks like they may go ahead and do surgery. They said it wasn't necessary but may prevent problems later in life. He has an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. Right now, Dan's mom is on her way up to stay over and take him to the doc tomorrow. I assured her it wasn't necessary and I would take as many days off from work as I needed to but she insisted. I stayed home today to take care of him and I have been running around frantically to clean, etc.
Buuuuut, I was able to get out for a quick run today! After not running for 4 days due to a tweaked quad, it finally felt better and I squeezed in a quick tempo run late this morning.
Stats:
4.69 miles
36:50
7:52 pace
5:30 best pace
Here's how it went down:
1.5 mile warm up
2 mile tempo (6:43, 7:02)
800 meter RI (jog-I forgot to hit lap so I don't have the exact pace...)
800 meter tempo
Cool down
It was actually a pretty bad run. I don't know if it was not running for 4 days, and only running 1 day last week, my injured quad, or the stress of the weekend but I was hurting the entire time. I was convinced I was going to do those 3 tempo miles I have been trying to do and it just didn't happen. All in all I was just happy to be out there running on such a beautiful day (it was about 60 degrees in NJ today) and I am glad I am mostly recovered from this quad thing. I iced it and used the foam roller and it is feeling pretty good! My first race of the season is this Saturday and depending on Dan's condition, I hope to still run!
Here's my *plan* for the rest of the week:
Monday: Tempo Run (completed)
Tuesday: Pilates Reformer
Wednesday: Hills
Thursday: Easy and FIT
Friday: Off
Saturday: St. Patty's Day 5K
4 comments:
Good job on going out and running. I wouldn't stress the bad run too much, 4 days is a long break. You will do fine on your next run.
Thinking about you and Dan! Everything's gonna go great.
I'm sure the bad feeling of your run is due to a combination of everything that has been going on lately. If nothing else, I'm sure it helped you mentally de-stress a little.
What time are you shooting for on Saturday?
Sorry your workout didn't go as planned... I bet its a combination of all of the above... however, it gives you something to work towards, and when you do get that three mile tempo run, you'll have such a great sense of accomplishment...
So I did my 10.6 mile long run this weekend, and for the most part felt great, I walked a little in the last few miles, but still held to my overall 10:40 mile pace... so I'm definitely thinking I'm in for San Francisco....
On a different but similar note, I live in a hilly neighborhood, so when I run at home, and not at work, I usually have to run at least one hill that's at a big incline and about a .25 mile in length, (on my long run I ran a hill with a steep incline that was .5 mile in length, and a .25 mile in length hill)... anyway all that to say, I have lots of hills around my house, but have no idea how to do a "hills" workout, and if I'm running the san francisco marathon, then I'd better get darn good at those hills.... So any great resources on hill workouts?
Post a Comment