Tempo Run = Success!
Except i didn't do the 3 miles I wanted to do. Here's what happened. We warmed up for a mile and a half and then started the tempo run.
Mile 1: 6:27
Mile 2: 6:35
Combined pace: 6:31
800 meter RI (8:33 pace)
400 meter sprint: 1:28 (6:00 pace)
Major cool down.
At this point I was breathing so hard I couldn't even talk...
*Holy soreness this AM btw!
Sounds great, right? Well I thought so too until I heard that 2nd beep on my garmin indicating I finished my 2nd mile and I had to slow down. I wanted to do 3 but I went so fast on my 1st and 2nd miles that my body just couldn't handle it. If I had stuck to my 6:45 pace I probably would have been able to complete the workout. I guess those Run Less, Run Faster people really know what they are talking about, huh? Anyway, the workout wasn't a total loss. I still completed a great 2 mile tempo run and my speed seriously improved since the last time I did a similar workout, about 2 weeks ago. During that tempo run, my splits were 6:46 and 6:55 so I consider this run a major improvement. Hopefully I will see a difference in St. Patty's Day 5K in 2 weeks!
Overall:
5.46 miles
42:06
7:42 pace
5:26 best pace (for a hot second I'm sure)
*Tentative* Schedule for the rest of the week
Sunday: 6 miler (completed)
Monday: 5.46 tempo run (completed)
Tuesday: Crosstrain (bike?) and FIT
Wednesday: Hills and The Mixx
Thursday: Parent teacher conferences = maybe a quick workout during break!
Friday: Long run??
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Away
5 comments:
Gosh you are SOOOO fast.. I will never catch you!!! Haha
I did FIRST for last marathon. The workouts are hard. A real challenge, for sure, and different than my normal workouts. I did get faster though, for sure.
Girl, phew you are a quick one! Can't wait to see how you do in the St Patty's 5K!
My half marathon is only 26 days away and I am so nervous....aaak!
Looks like a very solid workout for sure! Were you on a track or ourside?
You're doing so well!! Good job. I'd love to be able to run that fast. I really need to do a timed mile and start doing some type of workout but softball is totally kicking my butt.
Post a Comment