Saturday, March 27, 2010

Week in Review

This week I was able to increase my mileage back above 30 miles per week! Ever since my dad and I started trying to run quality runs verses quantity of miles, my mileage has been low(er). This week I finally feel that we were able to run a good number of quality runs AND get adequate rest to prevent injury. I am really happy with all of my workouts this week. I feel that I made the most of each workout, but didn't over do it. Here's what this week looked like:

March 21-27

Sunday: 10 Mile Long Run + Pilates Reformer
Monday: REST
Tuesday: FIT
Wednesday: 7.81 Tempo Run
Thursday: FIT
Friday: 4.00 Hill Repeats
Saturday: 10.01 Mile Long Run

Total Miles: 32 (approx.)

I am super excited for next week because I am off from work! (Don't hate :) The problem is, these are the times when I tend to overdo it because I like to spend all my free time at the gym. Here is the tentative schedule for next week:

Sunday: Mat Pilates
Monday: Mat Pilates and Track Workout
Tuesday: FIT (and hot stone massage!)
Wednesday: Tempo Run
Thursday: Mat Pilates and FIT
Friday: Yoga
Saturday: Long Run

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

Running and living said...

In my opinion mileage is not as important as quality of runs. I know you are using FIRST, which in my opinion is a great plan to make you faster injury free. I ran my first marathon, Boston, last year in 3:44 on 25-30 miles/week, all quality! Great job!

misszippy said...

Sounds like a great week of training. So cool that you have your dad to guide you.

David Yingling said...

Very solid week and it looks like you are excited to bump up the mileage. Enjoy your week off!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your week off- I am off the following week and I cannot wait!!

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

That's not fair...I want a week off to run and go to the gym. :)