Monday, March 29, 2010

Rainy First Day of Break

As every runner knows, running is about more than putting one foot in front of the other; its about our lifestyle and who we are.
~Joan Benoit Samuelson

Hi Friends :)
And welcome new readers! I have been out and about enjoying my first official day of spring break even though the forecast says rain, rain, and more rain. Today was a productive day. I met my friend, Ashley at Panera Bread for breakfast this morning. Oh how I love Panera. I am normally able to make healthy choices when I eat there for lunch but it is so hard to choose a healthy breakfast there because their bakery is so delicious! I compromised with an Asiago bagel and a coffee :) Sports Authority is right next to Panera so after breakfast we headed in. Ashley needed some new workout clothes and I needed to exchange a shirt I bought there this weekend. After some quick shopping we met up with 2 other girls at the gym for Pilates. The other girls had never done Pilates before, but since I speak so highly of it, they were very excited to give it a try! They loved it! We did a long abdominal series consisting of the 100s, single and double leg stretch, and lots of roll-ups. We spent half of the class in supine position (on the back) and the other half in sideline (on the side, obviously). This is unusual because we usually move around a lot more during mat class, but it was great because we got a serious abs and obliques workout!

After class, we hit the jacuzzi and sauna before showering up. I quickly showered and met my mom for lunch, followed by a trip to Whole Foods (my fave). No run today because the weather looks like this:

TruPointSM

Rain after 6pm           
Rain 
Tonight
Heavy Rain
Heavy Rain
Low
48° F
Precip: 100%
Heavy Rain

Tomorrow
Heavy Rain
High
52° F
Precip: 100%

Buuuut, the good news is the forecast predicts 70s and sunny from Wednesday on. I'll take it. Until then I am going to focus on the gym and getting stuff done. 

Tomorrow, I plan to meet my crazy friends for another 5:45 (yes AM) session of The Mixx. I don't know why I am friends with crazy people. I will also be cashing in on my hot stone massage Dan gave me for our anniversary tomorrow morning after class. I have never had a hot stone massage before so I am very excited. Tomorrow afternoon I have my first session with the new 3rd grader I will be tutoring for the next few weeks. Hopefully the rain will let up so I can squeeze a run in at some point tomorrow. 

I will post the giveaway on Wednesday!

6 comments:

Running and living said...

Enjoy the break! I felt blah about my run today, but once I got out there, it was not that bad. I had a baseball cap on, and just enjoyed being alone with my music and my thoughts!

Elle said...

enjoy the break! The half marathon was okay, I had some challenges with my foot pod tracking distance, it said I ran 14.4 miles so either I did a lot of zig zagging, or it has been under measuring my distance all this time! I'm going to re-calibrate it this week and see how that goes. If it is measuring distance correctly then I really need to become a smarter racer but my pace would've been about 9:55 or so if I ran 14.4 miles, if my footpod is off, then I'm super bummed but at least I know...

I finished in 2:20.57 which is like a 10:46 pace

What do you think, is it likely that I added .10 to every mile by ziging and zagging around people and pulling over to the side of the road for the aide stations? I'm leaning towards thinking my footpod was off... I can't tell you how mentally discouraging it was to not know how far I was running, and to not be able to accurately calculate my pace during the run... thank goodness CKE from fun with the super munns was running it with me she was sooo encouraging!

David Yingling said...

Looks like a very healthy and productive day. The rain is here for now, but like you said, it is getting into the upper 70s and maybe even to 80 this weekend!

Marathonman101108 said...

Two weeks (But who's counting?!) until our spring break. Here in CT we're supposed to get about 4 inches of rain, but it's supposed to hit 80 degrees on Easter Sunday. So, it will be worth it in the end. Enjoy your break.

Anonymous said...

I love that quote!!!

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

It is good to see you enjoying your time off. I am so jealous. :)