Wednesday, March 31, 2010

100 Post Giveaway!

Happy Giveaway Day!
This is my 100th post which means its time for my first giveaway! After 100 posts, I think it is about time for a giveaway, right?! Thank you readers for all of your sweet comments, encouragement, etc.

Soooo here's the deal: Since awesome companies don't send me great stuff all the time, I will be sponsoring this giveaway myself which means I can give away whatever I want! Well, actually whatever you want...sort of. I have received a lot of positive feedback regarding the book reviews I have been doing, so I thought that giving away a running book sounded like a good idea. Since everyone has different interests and needs, I thought I would let you decide which book you would want to win.
Therefore, I will either be giving away a copy of:

 OR

All you have to do to enter is:
Leave me a comment telling me which book you want and why you chose that one.

That's it! You will have until noon on Friday (EST) and I will announce the winner Friday afternoon. I will try to locate some random generator on the internet to use to pick one of your comments.

**I'm sorry if you already have or read both of these books (ahem, Running and Living!)**
**NyWolve I hope you haven't read and have an interest in Run Less, Run Faster since you just bought The Runner's Body!

23 comments:

misszippy said...

Awesome! I'd like the Runner's Body. Thanks for the giveaway. I'm gonna mention it on my blog also.

Psyche said...

I'm in!

I would choose Run Less Run Faster, simply because I already have The Runner's Body. (It's a very good and useful book, and as a Matt Fitzgerald stalker, I was required to purchase it:-)

I'll be sure to mention your giveaway. Congrats on 100 posts!

Ashley said...

I would choose Run Less, Run Faster! I checked it out at the bookstore the other day and it looks interesting. I'm a beginner runner, and it seemed to have some good advice in it :)

Unknown said...

I would pick Run Less, Run Faster. I don't have a lot of time to run, but I want to improve my running so this book would be great!

NY Wolve said...

Laughs -- I have them both. Run Less, Run Faster was the template for my last marathon training program. I basically liked the idea of fewer runs, for injury sake, but I didn't get in the suggested cross training two times a week. Thus I ended up running less, and I am not sure I got to the "Run Faster' part. but that wasn't the program's fault -- my crazy life was to blame. I think on my blog I have a FIRST label for my ramblings on it.

My general thought is: the workouts are fewer, but MUCH more difficult. No more of going to the gym, setting the treadmill, turning on the iPod and zoning out. Oh, no. It is a workout.

Angelia said...

I would pick Run Less, Run Faster. I'm a beginner and still working on weight issues so following the training program (slightly modified at first)laid out in there would be great.

Thanks again for the quotes!!

Maureen Lisa said...

I'm going to go for the Run Less, Run Faster (even though everyone else wants it!) As you know I don't have too much time to train so I want to know how to get the most out of it!!

You should totally do Philly Half in September, that would be awesome!

Salt said...

Congrats on 100 posts! I definitely think that it's a good time for a giveaway (I did one on my 100th too!)

I'm stopping by from Lady Bloggers and I'm glad I did! I'm just starting to get more into running now that it's warmer outside, so since I'm a newbie I think I'd want to go for Run Less, Run Faster. :)

Elle said...

Ooooh super fun!

How is your break going?

Did you get your stone massage yesterday, was it AWESOME?

I can't decide which book I want.... but I guess run less run faster, so that I can see a few different workouts, I usually just run a specific set of miles at a certain pace, so learning how to do some other kinds of workouts will probably be very beneficial!

Anonymous said...

Oh I want the runners body!!! I need a new read and I could use the pick me up...pick me pick me :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I want the runners body!!! I need a new read and I could use the pick me up...pick me pick me :)

Anonymous said...

oooh how fun! i'd want the run less run faster book because i don't have the time to train for a marathon any other way!

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

Oh my, this is a great giveaway Keri. Thanks for posting it. I have been thinking of getting the runners body based on your reveiw. Now I may not need to buy it. Score!!! (well, maybe)

Maggs said...

Tough choice, but I think I'd pick Runner's Body.

Ange said...

I would love to win the Runner's Body! It would be great to know what my body is thinking as I torture it a bit every morning!

Amber said...

Ooooh I would LOVE to win the Runners Body book! Your posts about it have been SO interesting, I'd like to read it myself!

Unknown said...

Made my way over from the Crazy Floridian's blog, and I think I picked a good time to start following!

I'd go with the Runner's Body, since I don't really need to go faster but could use some work on my body.

Thanks for the contest!

Elle said...

Hi! I replied to your comment on my blog with this huge long comment about how I suspect the PBF will propose in napa, but I left it on yesterday's post... sorry, so check your post from yesterday if you want to read my WAY TOO LONG DRAWN OUT SUSPICION :)

And it doesn't bother me that you asked cute girl, and I totally hear where you're coming from because people ask me all the time and I'm like you're asking the wrong person.... hehe :)

Heidi Walker said...

Run Less Run Faster because it would make me feel better about getting on the treadmill and running as fast as I can until I reach a mile in the morning.

I know a mile is better than no mile but so many super runners out there running 4 or 5 miles a day sure does take me down a peg.

David Yingling said...

I'd love to win "Run Less, Run Faster" because I love the idea of being able to perform better with fewer miles. I'm not even sure how that is possible but I'd love to find out!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Run Less, Run Faster...because i'd love to improve my speed, but I only have time to get in a couple of good runs every week.

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Run Less, Run Faster...because i'd love to improve my speed, but I only have time to get in a couple of good runs every week.

bobbie said...

Run Less Run Faster, looking to improve my 5k time!