I did it! After trying and trying again, I (finally) successfully completed a 3 mile tempo run at (almost) my goal pace. Yay!
Overall Stats
5.28 miles
40:47
7:43 average pace
How I did...
1.5 mile warm up
3 mile tempo
6:47 average pace (goal was 6:45)
Splits: 6:44, 6:54, 6:44
Cool down
It felt so good to finally do this after failed attempts. Amazingly, this run was wayy faster than last weekend's 5K race. Of course, the weather was beautiful (almost too hot for running weather, not that I'm complaining!) sunny and 70 degrees. Also, I must have temporarily gone crazy because Thursday morning, I set my alarm for 5am (you read that right!) and went to a plyo/drills class at the gym. I had been wanting to take this class for awhile and when 2 of my friends agreed to go, I had to take the opportunity and run with it. The class is called The Mixx and here is the description from the club's website:
Combine cardio kickboxing, athletic drills, high impact moves and low impact/dynamic moves and you have one high energy, tough cardio workout. Sprinkle in some fun, stimulating funk moves and you have The Mixx.
It was a blast and def a tough workout. We did a ton of jumps and moves that required you to be quick on your feet. It was funny because I could pick out a ton of runners in the class. I don't know how often I will be able to get there...5:45 is reallllly early but I would like to go occasionally. Also, I'm afraid to add any more exercise to my already packed schedule.
Needless to say, tomorrow I have a rest day planned, then hope to get in a 10 miler with my Dad on Saturday morning. Have a nice weekend!
5 comments:
Ooohhh I'll have to see if they offer the Mixx at my Lifetime....
I didn't do very much cross training for my half marathon, but once it's over and I start the program for the full marathon, I'm going to want to stick to the program more closely and it includes two days of cross training a week..... I've been leaning towards spin and yoga, but I might throw a Mixx class in there once in a while too!
OH And congrats on the tempo run! I knew you would feel fantastic when you finally achieved it... and my goodness lady are you fast! Have a great weekend!
Nice job, congrats. It always feels great to finally hit our goals. Keep it up. You are super speedy. WOW!!!
I love your stats! I'm a borna again runner after taking a couple years off and i'm trying to set some new PRs this year. Thanks for the motivation!
Congrats on the big accomplishment. I'm sure the weather didn't hurt :-) Sounds like a much deserved rest day.
Post a Comment