Friday, March 26, 2010

Road Id


Happy Friday!
So when I ran the St. Patty's Day 5K a few weeks ago, I received a Road Id gift certificate for my age group place. I was pretty happy with the prize because I never run with any form of identification on me. I usually run with my dad, but its definitely not a great idea to run without id alone and now I had no excuse not to get one. Of course I ordered one for my dad as well :) Today they sent me an email asking me to spread the word so I thought I would share this with all of you. They sent me a coupon code for $1 any Road Id order. If you are interested, go to their website and put in:

Coupon code: ThanksKeri630866

They make a variety of products, but I stuck with the basic wrist band (black for me, navy for my dad-they do have a pink one and I didn't buy it...Dan is still in shock!) and it actually holds a lot of information. The basic model is $19.99. $1 off is not a huge deal but if it is something you are going to buy anyway it definitely helps.

My favorite thing about this company is their "Commitment to Community." The Road Id Gives Back program donates a portion of every purchase to one of 6 charities and the best part is, before you finish checking out, you get to chose which charity your money goes to. I have never hear of any program like this before. Check out this page for more info on this inspiring company!

What do you carry with you when you head out for a run? A form of Id? A cell phone? I usually run with my dad but I haven't carried anything with me (until now!)

Disclaimer: I purchased Road Id products with my money (and gift certificate!) and this is my personal opinion about the company and my shopping experience.

6 comments:

David Yingling said...

Keri- you touch on a very interesting topic of carrying ID. I highly recommend doing so but I don't even do it myself :-( No particular reason why, I just don't. Sometimes I will carry my cellphone on me but most of the time I don't carry any identification. I need to seriously consider buying one of these in the near future, but have been too lazy to do so as of yet.

Anonymous said...

I have never and will never run without ID. I bought my road id last year and always take it with me. I think it is careless to do otherwise as I have stated many many times before in my blog. For only $20, I don't know why everyone doesn't have one!

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

I bought a RoadID last year (basic in red), and also carry my mobile phone. While the phone could be useful if I am still able to use it, the RoadID is something that I consider my most valuable running gear.

I am also shocked that you didn't get pink. Whats up with that!?!

misszippy said...

Hi--Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! You are off to a great start as a runner w/ those times! You'll be doing Boston before you know it.

Tricia said...

i have the road id elite, love it!

NY Wolve said...

After a biker friend was hit by a car, I got a road id. Now I can't imagine running without, particularly in a big race or when Ii travel.