Sunday, March 7, 2010

What a Weekend.

Phew. What a weekend. I haven't been keeping up with reading/commenting on blogs because I was away for the weekend. Dan and I went with his sister and her boyfriend to Lake George, NY for the weekend. Dan's family owns a townhouse there and we go up every couple of months. Today, Dan's sister, Dina, and I went shopping while Dan and the bf went skiing/snowboarding and Dan broke his clavicle :(

Dan is notorious for breaking bones. By the time he was 15 he had broken 15 bones. (I have not yet broken a single bone...*knock knock*) We have been dating for (almost) 4 years - next Saturday will be our 4 year anniversary, and until now, he has not broken anything as long as I have known him. They took him to the ER in an ambulance where they did x-rays and according to the Lake George doctors, it is definitely broken but he shouldn't need surgery. He is relaxing on the couch right now, highly medicated. I am still nervous because we emailed the x-rays to Dan's dad who is a (oral) surgeon, and he thinks the break is more serious that we thought and that he might need surgery. So please pray blog friends because I am a nervous wreck (and God is probably tired of hearing from me)! Needless to say, I will be staying home tomorrow to take care of him and hopefully get him to a doctor...

Dina and I had a much more successful day shopping than the boys did on the mountain. I bought 2 shirts from the Banana Republic outlet and 2 pairs of shoes from the Nine West outlet. This is unusual for me. I don't usually go on shopping sprees! I normally just buy one or two items at a time, regardless of what the sale is. The shoes were buy one get one 50% off. Ordinarily, I would just buy one pair but I think I made the right decision buying two.





What do you guys think??

On another happier note, I won another giveaway!! This is the 2nd blog giveaway I have won so far. I only will enter a giveaway if I actually want what is being given away. I don't enter just to win free stuff. Last time, I won a leopard print snuggie from The Tale of a Southern Belle (which Dan is currently using as a blanket on the couch!) This time, I won a copy of the book, Integrative Nutrition from Alyson at Nourished Fitness. I sense another book review coming :)



According to Amazon:

"Integrative Nutrition, brilliantly blends, the art of science and nutrition, with the personal grown aspects of love, relationships, fitness, career, and spiritual practice to help people find their path toward health and happiness."
Alyson competes in fitness competitions and plans to start her own Health Counseling Company this year. She is finishing up her master's in Sport's Business and Strategic Marketing and is also studying to become a Holistic Health and Wellness Counselor. Her blog posts are broken down into Fitness, Nutrition, and Fun sections so if you are into any of these things, then check her out!

Sooo, I will be taking care of my injured honey the rest of the evening. It is so unnerving because I am not used to seeing him this way. My parents stopped by a little while ago and dropped off a feast for us.



Literally, they brought us everything: salad, bread, chicken parm, baked ziti, drinks, dessert. She even called to ask if I had salad dressing. Amazing. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and I will be back tomorrow with something that actually has to do with running :)

8 comments:

David Yingling said...

What a weekend of mixed emotions! You go away to have fun and also get some nice buys shopping but then the boyfriend gets injured! I'll definitely pray for him.

One thing is for sure... dinner looks good! It's always nice to have parents who live nearby, that's for sure.

Marathonman101108 said...

Tough break for Dan. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Hopefully Dan's medicated enough to think that's funny! I hope that he doesn't need surgery, and I'll send a prayer out from CT for him. Congrats on winning the book. I've been lucky myself the past 3 months and have won an autographed running book, Yurbuds (TM), and Chobani yogurt. Nice spread your parents left for you guys. Lastly, you're a wonderful person staying home tomorrow with Dan. He's a lucky man. I don't think I need to comment on the shoes...LOL.

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

Sorry to hear of Dan's misfortune. I can imagine how painful it must be. (No broken bones here, yet. knock-knock)

Elle said...

So sorry to hear about Dan's shoulder... and lucky to have a Dr. in the family, it's always great to get a qualified second opinion!

How sweet are your parents for bringing your a feast.... love it!

congrats on the giveaway... did you try skiing while you were there? How did it go?

Nicci said...

That was sweet of your parents to drop all that off. I love when I get a break from cooking. I've heard many good things about the Integrative Nutrition book, I need to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I know I have come across your blog before but I don't know if I ever said hello :) I am a fellow Jersey girl and I really like your blog!

Running and living said...

Hr, sorry about the broken bone!
Love the shoes. So, you are still wearing high heels? I am mostly in clogs, except for special, v special occasions:) I have way more pairs of running shoes than of regular shoes!

NY Wolve said...

The clavicle is a hard one, and if he has to immobilize it, that is real hard. I separated my shoulder in college and was the most painful thing ever. I am sure he will really appreciate your help!