Thank you again for all your prayers...they worked! Dan went to the orthopedic specialist tomorrow and even though he saw the x-ray in advance and already told us he needed surgery, when Dan got there, he took his own x-ray and decided not to operate! (yet) He needs to go back in two weeks and the doctor will assess how he is healing.
I went to work today, came home to check on Dan who was sleeping peacefully on the couch, and then headed out to another Pilates Reformer session. It was wonderful :) I can still feel my thighs haha.
Because of my hectic weekend, I didn't have time to plan all my blog posts, so please excuse the sporadic blogging. So, I thought I would answer some questions.
David asked: What time are you shooting for on Saturday?
This will be my 3rd time running this race, but my 5th time running this course. There is a major hill about halfway through and then it is down hill until the end. (This will be my first race running with the Garmin so I will be able to tell you the exact distance and grade of the hill.)
St. Paddy's Day 5K
2009- 21:06
2008- 21:41
Same course, different races
2009- 21:25
2008- 22:10
Ideally, I would like to finish under 20 minutes, however, I don't think that is a practical goal for this course. My more reasonable goal would be to break last year's time (21:06) and finish under 21 minutes. (It is also supposed to rain on Saturday...) Sorry for the long winded answer!
Running and Living asked if I am still wearing high heels after seeing the shoes I bought this weekend.
I think she was kidding with this question but the funny thing is, I can't remember the last time I wore heels! I used to wear them all the time and I have quite a collection but I can't wear them all night any more. Fortunately, I don't have to wear heels to work. Give me running shoes any day.
And tomorrow I will be back with a hills post :)
6 comments:
You are super speedy! I bet you will do great!
Fabulous news about Dan!
YAY! Great news about Dan, and good luck on your run this weekend, can't wait to hear how it goes!
I wear heals everyday... I wish I wore flats more often, but I'm just not crazy about my flats, and I'm one of those who only wears tennis shoes to workout in.
I'll post about this on my own blog, but I'm so excited I wanted to share with you. I've been running all of my runs so far as tempo runs, trying to match the pace that I'm trying to set on my half marathon... but yesterday I just wanted to run and not think about pace. I ended up running 4 miles at a 9:08 pace, and here's the best part Mile 1 was at an 8:56 and Mile 4 was an 8:52.... I am so excited... to think when I started training for this half I was hovering closer to a 12 min mile, and yesterday I went sub nine, twice! :)
Phew.... sorry to hijack you post!
That's good news about Dan thus far! Hopefully more good news next time he sees the doctor.
Hopefully the rain breaks up just enough for you to get the run in. I've never actually raced in the rain but have ran in it a few times and usually find myself running faster, so maybe the rain isn't all that bad. I'm excited to hear how the hills are and if you break 21:00 on the course.
Ouch, hope Dan feels better! That just sounds painful :(
Any 21 minute 5k is an awesome time...good luck on going below that time! Im running a St Pats Dash too (3.8 miler). Cant wait for your recap!
Have a good race. I say, pace yourself for a 21:0o and after the hill go all out. Who knows, you may surprise yourself!
Great news about Dan! I didn't realize until now what a superstar runner you are! Great 5K times. By the way, I prefer running shoes over heels also! Sorry, I couldn't resist that. :-)
Post a Comment