Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cleaning Up My Life

I cannot BELIEVE that there are only 6 weeks left in this year. It seems like just yesterday I was writing my goals for 2010 and now 2010 is practically over!

I am officially half way through my 6 weeks of no running. As you know, it has been hard, but I am getting there, and if I will be able to run injury free in 3 weeks, it will all have been worth it! It has been 3 weeks since my last “real” run (if you call 1 mile a real run), and 6 weeks since the marathon. Since Steamtown, I have only run a total of about 15 miles, so I am hoping that the cut back in mileage in those weeks also adds to the healing time…

Since we had a lot of people over this weekend, I spent a lot of time cleaning up the apartment. In order to de-clutter, I had to purchase a few things…

DSC00577

I’m telling you, these puppies made quite a difference in my spare bedroom.

The Before:

DSC00579

DSC00580

DSC00581

I am not a hoarder, I swear, I just hate throwing out my old fitness magazines. It is a problem, and I am working on it. For now, I am organizing.

The After:

DSC00585

DSC00586

DSC00587

I can see the floor!

DSC00588

Ahh. Much better. I got all of the boxes/containers at target, and they were not that expensive. The boxes are my favorite and the two boxes together were about $6.

Yesterday was an exercise rest day, although I did do the quad strengthening exercises (single leg lifts). Today is a Pilates + cardio day.

10 comments:

dawn @ running the dawn said...

i love when people combine cuteness with cleanliness! great job with those boxes and such.

and congratulations on being half-way through your non-running phase. i can't imagine how difficult this is for you! but just keep focused on returning stronger and more focused than ever! you can do it!

dawn @ running the dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teamarcia said...

Looks good! I'm finally at the point where I can ditch fitness mags. It was tough but things were getting ridiculous.

Stephanie said...

Yay, halfway through, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We really need to organize our spare bedroom, but none of the clutter is mine so I really don't know where to start!

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

It always makes me feel better after cleaning up a bit. I once used to keep my old magazines, but finally broke the habit. It was hard, but I never re-read them in any way.

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I love organizing my crap! Looks great! I am obsessed with womans health!!
Half-way there woman, you can do it. Imagine how happy you will be in just three more weeks. Next thing you know we will be in Boston killing it.

Runners Fuel said...

I often refer back to my old fitness mags., too. You're not the only one.

Anonymous said...

I have all my fitness, triathlete and RW's...I totally need that kind of storage! Actually, I need a spare bedroom!

Three weeks will be here before you know it...2011 is around the corner!

NJ said...

I used to keep all my mags too, but started reviewing them a few times a year. I tear out the articles/pages I want, 3-hole punch them and put them into a binder into categories separated by tabs. It has really helped me keep less. I'm no longer overwhelmed!

Good luck on the organization.

Shelby said...

Oh we use banker's boxes in our office, too, because we just have too much junk!

Looks good in that spare bedroom.. I like the decorative magazine holders. And $6?! That's a killer deal :)