Friday, November 26, 2010

A Thanksgiving Surprise…

DSC00652 Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a nice holiday. I split the day between my family and Dan’s family. I went to my parents’ house in the morning and biked while my dad ran. It is tradition for us to run together on Thanksgiving, but this year because of my knee problems, I was unable to run. I didn’t want to break tradition, so I took the bike. We did about 4 miles.
When we got back to the house, I got a text from a very old friend. He used to live next door to the house I grew up in but moved away 13 years ago. We recently got back in touch through Facebook and he told me all three brothers would be in town for a few hours. The funny part is, the youngest son was a toddler when they moved so he doesn’t remember his old house at all, but of course, my sister and I remember him. They boys were able to stop by for a bit and when I told my mom, she had to pull out the old pictures:
christine jorge 
My sister, 1990 age 4
Christine Jorge Keri
July 1991, age 7 & 5
Christine Keri Jorge

Of course we had to take some new ones!
DSC00653

Ages: 24, 21, 25, 15, 26
DSC00656



The youngest brother is now 15 and was completely overwhelmed by our reminiscing but it was so much fun to see them again. The oldest boy told me that before they left, his mom reminded him that I was the one who taught him to tie his shoes! I don’t remember that at all…Even after all that time, it was almost as though not much had changed, and even though the whole experience made me feel SO OLD, it was a great addition to the holiday.
*btw that was my post-workout outfit. I showered and changed for Thanksgiving dinner :)

10 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I love all the pictures, you are adorable! What an awesome suprise! I love reminiscing. That is spareribs that you and your dad do that every thanksgiving! Next thanksgiving you will be running with him.

Amanda@runninghood said...

I love all your pictures. How fun. I'm also loving the "my Bookshelf" on your side bar. I need to figure out how to do that....Love reading and so many good books out there.

dawn @ running the dawn said...

oh man...i'm not sure what i'd do if some of my former neighborhood regulars came around again. i literally spent my entire childhood playing outside with people i haven't seen since i was 13. why do teenagers think they're too cool to play outside anymore? oh well.

sounds like a fabulous day!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Cute pics both new and old! Thanks for sharing!! Glad you and your dad could keep sucha a healthy tradition going!

Running and living said...

Sounds like an awesome Thanksgiving! Almost Jan 1st and time to run!

Amber said...

Awww that is so fun! I love the pictures :)

Shelby said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving.

I, too, enjoyed all the photos. Fun stuff!

Unknown said...

what a sweet lookin' family! I bet you are so thankful for them!

Unknown said...

p.s.
Cooper is adorable!

Runners Fuel said...

Love the pictures!