Today is the last day to enter my GIVEAWAY! I will announce the winner tomorrow.
This weekend was a fun one. Friday night Dan and I went out for sushi and then stopped by a friend’s house. Saturday morning, after spin, we took Coop on a picnic and later went to dinner with Dan’s brother and his girlfriend who were in town. Sunday morning I went to the gym, then cheered on my dad in his race, followed by going to a friends house to watch the Giants lose terribly to the Cowboys and had dinner. We brought Cooper to play with their German Sheppard named Mickey.
Fortunately, we weekend continues! I have off from work again today. I know, it seems like I am off all of the time. Because I work in special education, I get more days off than your typical teacher.
My adorable puppy woke me up on my day off at 6:45. I sucked it up and got out of bed (I just can’t sleep in lately, not even until 8) and I made it to the 8:30 spin class at the gym. I have been loving spin lately. Today was my 3rd day in a row and I can’t seem to get enough. I need to take it easy because my knee has been giving a shout or two here and there but overall it has been feeling pretty good. It is a bit frustrating though because with all the time off from running, I can’t believe it ever still hurts at all. It IS getting better, just slowlyyy.
After spin, I had a 45 minute break before Pilates. I contemplated leaving the gym and skipping Pilates but I decided to enjoy my day off and sat in the cafe with a smoothie until it was time for class. It was a good thing I got some calories because it was hard to get through Pilates after spinning for an hour but it was worth it.
I am loving the spin instructors at the gym. Each class I have taken so far has been with a different instructor and so far they all have played at least one Bruce Springsteen song and one Bon Jovi song. Yes I am a true Jersey Girl :)
I am spending the rest of the day studying for the personal trainer test because I want to take it before training starts for Boston!
Has anyone seen the show Undercover Boss?? So good! I watched it last night for the first time. What a feel good show!
4 comments:
good work on all the spinning! sorry that your knee still hurts. i'm assuming that you're doing the usual: ice, compression, etc... sometimes it just takes longer to get back to normal.
and i sympathize with the football this weekend. my cheifs (don't laugh) have been horrible the past two weekends. ah well...such is life...
I love all my spin instructors! Such a great class!
What a fun weekend! I love going out for sushi:) you are becoming the queen of spin, I love it!!! Enjoy the rest of your day off!!! Good luck studying, you are going to rock it!
Can it be that your knee is getting better slowly because you continue "using" it? Maybe if you didn't do spinning it would help.
But...this's what people tell me all the time: If you ITB hurts, just take a few days completely off and DO NOT bike, because it makes the recovery longer. But I would rather take 5 weeks of biking, than 3 weeks of sitting on a coach.
Post a Comment