Friday, November 5, 2010

Workouts This Week!

So far…

Monday: REST
Tuesday: Reformer Pilates + 20 min elliptical, 10 min calf/foam rolling
Wednesday: 1 mile jog, 15 min stair climber (hill setting) quad exercises (squats, leg lifts, wall sits)
Thursday: Mat Pilates. 30 min stair climber (levels 10-15 fat burning setting)

Good morning friends :) Despite the rainy NJ weather, I have enjoyed having a few days off. I got to sleep in (until 8am) and have been spending lots of time at the gym. I usually can’t stay at the gym for very long or go often because I hate being inside a sweaty, smelly gym. I would much rather be outside running. They rain helps me enjoy the gym a bit more.

Yesterday I even did double sessions at the gym. I love being off on Thursdays because I got to go to one of my favorite mat Pilates classes. A friend of mine met me there and we stopped in the gym cafe for smoothies afterwards. I got “The Ultimate Protein” which consisted of peanut butter, banana, and whey protein. Delicious.  I went home and spent the middle of the day with the pup. It was a rainy and cold day in NJ but I was so happy to be off from work that it didn’t matter. I got to test out some products that a great company sent me (post is on its way…) and later this afternoon I went back to the gym to workout with my mom. Is it sad that this is how I enjoy spending my days off? Its a problem.

Thursday PM Workout:
30 min stair climber, hill setting levels 10-15.
Weights: Back, chest, arms
Core: Mat exercises: leg lifts w/ stability ball, inch worm (Thank you Laury!)

I am sore today! I am not used to working my legs (Wednesday) and yesterday’s Pilates class had a major emphasis on the hips. Also the obliques. I am sore in places I didn’t know I could be sore in!

This morning I am off to take a strength training class at the gym and then sit in the steam room. Happy Friday!

Good luck to everyone running the NYC Marathon this weekend, especially Megan and Sarah!

Also, if you are interested, check out this article from the New Yorker on Alberto Salazar (coach of the Oregon Project, Kara Goucher, etc.) and his emphasis on running stride. Let me know what you think! I find it fascinating…

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE having days off in the middle of the week like that. That will be my week next week! I also tend to travel to the gym more when I have time off, just because there is only so much else to do to fill my time, and I would rather be productive!

Nice to see a little running action back in there this week, hope the knee is feeling better!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE having days off in the middle of the week like that. That will be my week next week! I also tend to travel to the gym more when I have time off, just because there is only so much else to do to fill my time, and I would rather be productive!

Nice to see a little running action back in there this week, hope the knee is feeling better!

mmmonyka said...

Do not worry it is completely normal that you like spending your days off working out. But it is me saying it so it might relative...
I should try that Pilates thing, I have never done that.

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I am so glad that you have a few days off work!! Double gym day...that is my favorite thing in the world! "The Ultimate Protein" sounds so good especially post work-out! I am glad you are using the stair climber:) You go to the gym with your mom?? That is so awesome!! P.S. I loved your reasons for working out, we are very alike:)

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

30 minutes of stairs would probably kill me. I can run all day long, but that many stairs would bring me to my knees.

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I am so glad you went to spin!! It is the second best thing to running in my opinion:)