Thursday, November 18, 2010

Giralda Farms 10K Race Report: Spectator Edition

This past weekend, my dad ran a 10K, but I obviously couldn’t run. Boo. It was so hard to only watch this race, and not run. On the drive over I was daydreaming of entering the race at the last minute even though I knew it was a terrible idea.

The race started at 12. There was a 5K, a 10K as well as a kids’ fun run. It was a beautiful day for a race with temps in the 60s and blue skies for miles. My dad gave me his fancy camera to be the “official photographer.”

Pre-Race Pics:
DSC_0042
DSC_0061
DSC_0059
Warming Up
DSC_0073
Pretty Mom
DSC_0129

The race started exactly on time. The 5K and 10K started together. The 10K runners completed an extra loop. The race went by so quickly! It was a great race to spectate because the runners ran by our spot 4 times, which made for lots of opportunities for pics…

DSC_0098
DSC_0114
DSC_0115
The course was beautiful; it was held on corporate campus and was a hilly course, which my dad thrives on. He even improved on his time from last year!

Stats:
6.1 miles
48:46 minutes
7:51 pace
201/432 gender
31/70 age group

The 10K was a mens' championship race and his team won!

DSC_0142
Love this one…
DSC_0145
Great job Dad!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Great pics! If you can't run yourself, nothing better than cheering on someone you love!! He ran a great race as well! Hey-love the workout move of the day!

dawn @ running the dawn said...

that's so awesome! good job with the pics! its so awesome that your whole family races. during my first marathon my dad wanted to run with me for awhile. so he joined at mile 20. bless his heart he couldn't even finish that mile. love him dearly, but he is most definitely not a runner. it must be awesome to share that with him!

Teamarcia said...

I so love it when parents are such great role models. WTG dad!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Your dad is amazing...I wish my dad ran! Looks like an awesome race, I kind of want to start getting into 10ks this summer. Maybe the chances for injury will be less. You have beautiful parents:)

Lizzy said...

Great job- your dads time is what I hope to run next time. Maybe he should train me : ) So glad I found your blog : )

mmmonyka said...

It must have been horrible standing there and watching:)
It is really cool you share your passion for running with your dad. My dad does not run (except when I was a kid, he used to pace me for 300-400m workouts:))but we do other sports together. Unfortunately usually the desire of my dad to bike , ski or hike together gets into way of my running training, but what would not I do for my parents, right? Especially since I don't see them that often.

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

I can imagine it was tough for you to just be a spectator!! Looks like a great day though!!! Your parents look SO YOUNG! You have great genes :-)

Chris and Amy said...

Holy smokes, your dad is fast! Great job and it looks like a beautiful day to run.

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

great pics!! yay for your dad! :D