Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holiday Weekend Workouts and Activities

Thank you for listening to my breakdown. Not running is easier when I have work and other things to keep me busy, but on beautiful, crisp and cool days it is much harder to not get out there and run.

This long weekend was a productive one:

I bought my Christmas cards…
DSC00659
Martini: For my girlfriends, Candy Canes: Family
Winter Scene: Coworkers/Family

Got a new cell phone….
DSC00669  DSC00670
Old, ancient cell phone                                         New phone!

My old phone couldn’t even accept picture messages….ridiculous!

Dan and I bought some Christmas decorating essentials and have been putting up a few things here and there. I have downloaded the new Mariah Carey Christmas album, and although I prefer her first one, I have to admit, this one is pretty good.

We also got Coop a new collar and leash because he pulled so hard his old leash was about to tear. He looks adorable in his new attire:

DSC00667
They are red and white bones.

As I love to do on any day off, I was sure to make it to the gym as much as possible…

Wednesday: Spin
Thursday: Bike Ride
Friday: Spin + Strength (a little bit of everything to work off all the food!)
Saturday: Spin
Sunday: REST

Today was spent shopping so no gym. I almost went to spin but my quads desperately needed a rest.
How was your holiday? Are you ready to be back to work?

3 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Good for you to take a day off:) Love the new phone. You had a productive day!! I have been wondering about Mariah's new album!

coach dion said...

I like the way you say 'a bit of everything to work off all the food.' I call December the weight training session. You put on weight and have to train with it. Every day from now till mid January need that bit of everything. I can feel my weight climbing. Lucky for us here in cape Town the days are long and the weather is great so I'll soon be training twice a day just to keep the weight off.
Good Luck

Runners Fuel said...

I was so lazt this weekend, I guess I'm ready for my life to be back to normal. I'm going to be so busy the rest of the year, I needed to relax.