You can have anything you want - if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.
Past Monthly Reviews
January: 85.75 miles
February: 58 miles
March: 68 miles
April: 95.22 miles
May: 74.6 miles
June: 97.17 miles
July: 109.43 miles
August: 139.86 miles
September: 114.43 miles
October Stats: 51.50 miles
2010 Total Miles: 842.44 (so far) Low compared to so many bloggers/runners. Hopefully I will be able to hit that 1000 mark!
Number of Miles:
Days Running: 8/31 (It was really only 6 days. 2 of those days I had to stop after less than a half a mile because of knee pain. But I counted )
Days at the Gym: 12/31 (Pilates, FIT, yoga, lifting, and cross training)
Longest Run: 10.43
Days of Speed Work: 0
Number of Runs over 10 miles: 1
Number of Races: 1 (Steamtown!)
Number of Rest Days: 14 (no gym or run)
Thoughts: October was an extreme month for me. It had high highs (marathon PR! Boston!) and some lows (knee problems, an untimely cold, difficulty bouncing back from the brutal down hills of Steamtown. I am happy that while I was unable to run, I did manage to increase my time at the gym and expand the types of exercises and workouts I am used to doing. My main goal for October was to run a successful marathon and I did!
Looking Ahead: Unfortunately, I have had a more difficult time recovering from the marathon than I had hoped. I continue to struggle with knee problems and I haven’t been able to run much since the big race. Hopefully I am doing all the right things and will be back to running regularly soon! As I posted earlier, I was hoping to be able to get back into racing in time to finish out the season strong, but it does not look like that is going to happen. I have re-evaluated my priorities and just want to be able to run pain free again! I have been doing quad exercises, icing, resting etc. and hope to be able to run regularly again soon.
What do you have going on this November?
9 comments:
It's off season for me, no racing until January:) Hope the knee will feel better soon!
just saw on misszippy's site that you'll be in boston. i'm boston bound too! congratulations on running such an awesome time. seriously, way to kill that BQ by over 10 minutes! amazing! sorry that your knee/recovery has been such a challenge. look forward to meeting in boston :)
I hope your knee gets to feeling better soon! You are definitely being smart about your recovery, you don't need to be doing anything to put your spring race plans in jeopordy!
I have the same goals as you.... I just want to do whatever it takes to be able to run pain free again! I miss that feeling so much! I hope your knee gets feeling better ASAP. When do you think you will start training for Boston? I am thinking of taking 1.5 more months off and then start training (if my knee is better). Have the knee braces been helping?
You have accomplished you goal and now it is time to rest a bit. Take care of that knee and do not feel bad about not running!
I hope your knee feels better soon! It sucks running in pain.
Take a break and take care of yourself! Boston training will be here before you know it!! :)
Love the quote .. it's on the main page of my blog ;)
I'm around the same mileage as you for 2010 - I was really hoping to hit the 1000 mile mark but then my stupid foot had to be injured so I haven't really ran since my marathon. Sigh.
Hopefully we are both back at it soon!
Now that it is cooling down you should be able to get those miles back up there. Keep it up.
Post a Comment