Sunday, November 7, 2010

Marathon Sunday & Thankful

Good Morning!

image

Did anyone else watch the NYC Marathon coverage? Amazing. Go Shalane! I almost had tears in my eyes watching both the men and women’s first finishers cross the line. So amazing.

Weekend Workouts
Yesterday morning I went to a spin class for the first time in months. It was amazing. It was exactly what I needed to get those endorphins flowing and sweat a little a lot.

This morning I biked again, although this time was alongside my dad while he ran. It was nice to be outside, even though it was freezing, but it was hard to be biking and not run :(

6a0120a6a50f3f970c0120a6a6185e970c-800wi I have seen on the blogs the 30 days of thanks. Since I’m a little late, I will just jump in…today I am thankful for an extra hour of my 4-day weekend! (*Don’t forget to change your clocks*)

It was a relaxing weekend, and I finally finished my book which was recommended by Jenna as a part of the ELR Nerd Book Club. Today I moved onto this book (which is not on the book club list!) I put it on hold for awhile because I haven’t been able to run, but I am trying not to be bitter.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

dawn @ running the dawn said...

i watched the marathon! it was so crazy! i couldn't believe how slow (relatively) they were going during the first half, especially with all the speedsters that were in the race. too bad about hailey... and meb...but shalane was amazing! i can't believe that was her first marathon. i really thought she was going to hang on to the win. and it will be super exciting to see her and kara run together after she has her baby.

i'm so excited about the hour change. i'm hoping to stay on my same schedule and get back to working out in the mornings. we'll see how long that lasts :)

Laury @The FitnessDish said...

Hope you had a great weekend!!! This is the first I have seen of the 30 days of thanks...

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I watched it too!! I wasn't going to admit it but since you did...I almost cried watching them too! They are machines! Did you get jealous you weren't racing with them? I did! I am so glad you enjoyed your spin class, got to love a good sweat! I need to read things other than blogs and running books, you are my inspiration:)