Hearty Ham and White Bean Soup
with cabbage and carrots
Serves 6
Prep Time:10 min/Cook Time: 25 min
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 large sweet onion
3 carrots
1/2 small cabbage
12 ounces ham steak
1 quart chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans white beans
seasonings of choice (I used basil, oregano, and garlic powder)
Directions:
Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add chopped onion and stir frequently for about 5 minutes. Add seasonings and cook an additional minute.
Slice and add carrots, cabbage, and ham.
And remainder of ingredients. Bring to a full simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes.
The perfect snow day meal!
*I have been studying ever since my last post!
*Check back tomorrow for an amazing recipe!
*Do you follow recipes when you cook or do you wing it? If you follow recipes, do you have cook books or do you just search online? How do you organize all your recipes?!
4 comments:
That looks really good!! Thanks for sharing, I love easy and delicious recipes! I usually use allrecipes.com to find recipes, I like reading the reviews and seeing how they are rated. Hope you enjoyed your snow day!!
hi, new follower here. That recipe looks so yummy and easy to make, thanks for sharing! I'm terrible with organizing my recipes. I usually just save the ones I like that I find online under favorites. I follow the recipe for the most part, then improvise when I think I can make it better. PS- your dog is adorable!
I wish I had this right now!! I'm sick with a sore throat :( Can you ship some to NY ? :D
I get most of my recipes online - my cookbooks unfortunately tend to stay on my shelf and go unused :( I save them as PDFs and store them in one folder so I can find them easily. I love that it's easy to search for what I want when using recipes online!
Post a Comment