Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day Fun

IMG00198-20110127-0831 Another snow day. At this rate I am going to be going to school until July, but I don’t care. Please don’t remind me I said this in June.

I tried to sleep in, but Coop woke me up early. Like before 7am early. On a snow day. I successfully ignored him until 7:30. At 7:15 I actually told him to come back in 15 minutes and guess what? He did.

Workout: 8 miles on the treadmill. Approx 70 min.
5 @ 8:34, 3 @8:57

I wanted this run to be slow since I was still feeling yesterday’s run. Since the treadmill shuts off after an hour anyway, I decided to stop at stretch after mile 5. I stretched a lot more after the full 8 and wasn’t feeling all that great so I grabbed a GU from my bag and downed it with some water.

I walked back up to my apartment and made a green smoothie.

IMG00200-20110127-1217

Dan was disgusted, but this one actually turned out better than last time. I used a little too much banana on this one though. Next time…half a banana.

I swore to myself yesterday that if I had off today I would study (for the personal trainer test) but I haven’t picked up a book yet.

I did lots of cooking:
*Banana Bread
*Ham and White Bean Soup


Caught up on Kourtney and Kim take New York.
Completely necessary.

Walked to the grocery store.

And got a great run in.
I’m going to study later. Promise.

*What is your favorite activity to do with unexpected free time?
Workout and then relax and read!

8 comments:

dawn @ running the dawn said...

it sounds lame, but i love getting everything clean and put away. if i had a snow day tomorrow, i would do the laundry and clean my fridge. this is mainly because i don't spend much if any time cleaning during the week and the house starts to stress me out. i usually catch up on the weekend, but a mid-week time out to hit "reset"? yes please!

Running and living said...

I am boring, but I am always behind with work, so I probably would work while watching TV. You are my hero for drinking those green smoothies:)

Running Ricig said...

I had a snow day today too and managed to fit in a good run too. Too bad I also had to shovel for three hours to be able to get my husband out of the driveway for work!

Runners Fuel said...

That smoothie looks neon!

Anonymous said...

workout and organize when i have unexpected time off. which i never seem to...hahaa!
xoxo
s

Anonymous said...

At least you got your run in! I spent the day shoveling...and it was supposed to be my rest day :)

Beth said...

Oh, I remember the good old days back when I was a teacher and got snow days, not anymore, we don't close unless it's a serious blizzard! Glad you enjoyed your day off, looks productive =)

Laura said...

For me, it's catchup: on TV shows, blogs, and books. Those are my favorite three ways to relax when I'm by myself!