17 has always been my favorite, or lucky number.
Today I ran the longest I have run since the marathon. 17 miles. I am exhausted. My dad was nice enough to accompany me on his bike. He carried water and snacks, just like I used to do for him :)
My plan called for 17 @ 8:23 pace but I didn’t know the pace until I got back home and checked the plan.
Stats:
17.01 miles
2:23:11 minutes
8:25 pace
*Right on target!
Splits:
As you can see, my splits are all over the place! When the roads were clear and I was feeling good, earlier in the run, I was flying *see mile 5* but then I would hit a snow bank or a long stretch of sidewalk that was not cleared and had to trudge through 2 feet of snow that was somewhat packed down *mile 6*
The route we chose was also hilly:
Both up and down hilly. Very important when training for a race with hills.
So that one 9- minute miler was at the top of a very steep hill. Overall the run was a huge success. It was a big step going from running 13 on a treadmill last weekend to a hilly 17 miler and I felt it at the end of this run. My knees also hurt a lot so when I got home I iced, stretched, and foam rolled. I can tell it is something I am going to have to baby for awhile.
I also refueled as soon as I got back:
Leftover tiramisu birthday cake from celebration #1 of my mom’s 50th birthday. Delish.
Are you working out this weekend or resting? Watching football?
~I hope my body lets me take mat Pilates tomorrow.
~I am a Giants fan but am throwing my support to the Jets :)
12 comments:
17 miles! That´s great!
17 so early in your training, I am wondering what you will do in March:)
Congrats on a great 17 miler!! It's definitely not easy running in the snow... I'd suspect that took a lot more energy than you probably realized. Great splits!! :)
AWESOME RUN GIRL!!! Great pace too...seriously you are amazing. Birthday cake is the best refuel. I am definitely resting this weekend! So fun your dad went with you!
Oh my goodness, you are fast!
17 has also always been my lucky number! I guess part of the reason is because I was born on the 17th :)
Nice work out there!
awesome 17! i did 15 yesterday and i'm refueling with ice cream :)
First of all, you rocked your 17 Keri!! Awesome!!! With hills and poor footing--you smoked it!
Thank you for your email and insight regarding RLRF. Means a ton from a runner I respect and know it LEGIT!!
Enjoy the rest of the day!!
Awesome run!!! Gahhh I can't even imagine a 17 mile training run at that pace, my one 13- miler almost killed me :D
I worked out all weekend, stairs, running, bike, push-ups, burpees! I also ate a little extra ;)
We're watching the Jets games right now, we're BIG Jets fans! ( well Matt is, I'm also an Eagles fan :)
oh man, now I want to convince someone to bike by me while I'm running and carry snacks!
That's the way to do it love the last couple of miles, you were flying. And yes the knees would be sore, you need to get 'strong' again, the road is hard on the body and as you do more miles on the road the body will get use to it.
What a fabulous run!!! Its always so helpful when you have someone to ride along side you so you dont have to stop to fuel.
I'm depressed about my Pats : (
What an awesome 17 miles!! I ran this weekend, too. Only a total of about 3 miles, not 17. Good job!!
Post a Comment