Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Treadmill Tempo

Have you entered my giveaway?

Stats
6.0 miles
Approximately 45 min

2 mile warm up @ 8:34
3 miles @ 6:54
1 mile cool down

I was in a bit of a time crunch today and not sure what kind of workout I was going to do, but I knew I needed to do something. Not needed to do something because I had to train but needed to do something because I went back to work today and needed to run for myself. I am extra excited about this run because on the schedule the workout was only supposed to be 2 miles @ 6:54 pace. I was feeling so good after 2 miles I decided to keep going for 3. That never happens. I know that running on the treadmill is easier than running on roads in theory but for me, running on the treadmill has always been harder. Next time, I will increase the incline.

Usually, when I use the treadmill I drive to my gym, but lately, I have been using the little gym in my apartment complex. I’ve lived here for 2 years now, and never used it until recently. 2 times in one week!

001 006

Poor ipod pics…

I start up Reformer Pilates again today, very excited, and I’ll try to squeeze in an easy run before the class.

9 comments:

Runners Fuel said...

An extra mile...awesome!!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I LOVE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!! Great workout!!! Yay for reformer pilates.....I really want to try that. Cute picture!

Unknown said...

Dang girl!

You are going to knock the socks off Boston :)

Muncher Cruncher said...

so glad someone else posts phone pics ;) Way to go on the run you speedy lil' devil!

mmmonyka said...

Good job doing an extra mile!
I have run on a treadmill only once in my life for around 4 min to try it out. I don't remember whether I liked it or not but I always run outside no matter what.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Great job Keri. So, tell me, should I puchase the Run less, Run Faster book?

Cna you promise I run as fast as you?!! :)

Keep it going girl!

coach dion said...

Love the Gym in your block, I would live there...

dawn @ running the dawn said...

so, it's the tempo runs in this training plan that kind of scare me a little. i'm always eager to do intervals of any kind...but those sustained hard efforts kick my butt something fierce.

i can't believe that you would actually feel so good after two tempo miles you'd opt to make it three! you are amazing!

i'm like you, the treadmill always feels a million times harder than running outside. i know its mental, but i've never gotten past it.

Laura said...

They say that if you put the incline on the treadmill to 1.0, it approximates running on a completely flat surface outdoors (because of the wind resistance I think). But I'm with you - the treadmill is SO boring when you're not going anymore! And somehow I don't find it as easy to watch TV on the treadmill as I do the elliptical (I think because of the extra bouncing motion), so that's not a possibility to distract myself.