Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Boston Training and Beta Alanine

Thank you for your song suggestions.

For today’s tempo run, I decided to try beta alanine. I have taken it once before, a week or two again and could not get over the tingling! It was crazy. I talked to my dad, who takes it for weight lifting and Janae, who takes it before long runs and decided to try it again. This time, the tingling was not as intense, but I’m not sure I noticed a difference in my run.

Regardless, I had a good run.

Treadmill Tempo
2 mile warm up
5 @ 7:20
2 mile cool down
= 9 miles in 1:12
*1% incline

Boston Training Update

Training Week 4: January 17-23
Monday: Mat Pilates
Tuesday: 3 miles + Reformer Pilates
Wednesday: 6 miles (4 @ tempo)
Thursday: 3.1 miles
Friday: REST
Saturday: 20 miles long
Sunday: Mat Pilates

Total Miles: 32 miles

Training Week 5: January 24-30

Completed:
Monday: lunges, squats, dips, pushups
Tuesday: 3 miles + Reformer
Wednesday: 9 miles, (5 @ tempo)

Scheduled:
Thursday: Easy
Friday: Easy
Saturday: Long
Sunday: Pilates

I’m hoping for a full snow day tomorrow. We have to make up the days at the end of the year, but I still love a surprise day off in the middle of the week. I’ll take it!

*Check out this great video of Kara Goucher talking about Boston, her son, bouncing back from pregnancy and more!
*Do you take any special supplements to enhance your workouts?
I also take magnesium w/ calcium (for absorption) to speed recovery.

7 comments:

Running and living said...

Great runs! I know, MORE snow, we are having a tough winter!
I don't take any supplements. I don't even take a tylenol. I am as anti drugs as they come.

Angie said...

Nice tempo run!!

The only supplements I take is an occasional iron pill.

Raina said...

I haven't ever taken beta alanine. But, I do take calcium/magnesium about 3 times a week and a multivitamin. That's pretty much it.

I will check out the video here in a minute. I read an article about how she will do 12 consecutive weeks over 100MPW and can't figure out how she's back up that high after having a baby!? I am just blown away! I sure hope I atleast catch a glimpse of Goucher there in Bean town :)

Great job on your workouts!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Great job on your workouts Keri.

Thanks so much for posting this video. Wow, 120 miles a week?! Goodness. This makes me feel insignificant. ;) Wow. How do they do that and stay injury free?

Stephanie said...

I have been really tempted to try Beta Alanine, I have ready good things about it. Let me know how it keeps working for you!

Anonymous said...

does coffee count as a supplement!? great job on the running, you're such an inspiration!!!

dawn @ running the dawn said...

thanks for sharing the video! i love kara and i'm so geeked out that she's running boston.

good job with the tempo!!