Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Boston Training and Snow Day

Hello! I’m off work for a snow day and we didn’t even get all that much snow. Not nearly as much as they are calling for. The funny thing is…I don’t even really like the snow. I just get all giddy when there is a snow day and I don’t have to go to work. One day of work so far this week…not bad. Now maybe I have time to get my training back on track. Too bad it looks like the local track will be covered until March…

Boston Training

Week 1: 36 miles

Week 2: Jan 2-8
Sunday
: REST
Monday: 6 miles Tempo
Tuesday: 4 miles & Reformer
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: 5 Miles Speed
Friday: REST
Saturday: 13 miles @ 8:30 pace

Total Miles: 28
Summary: Too much rest. Ahh vacation.

Week 3: Jan 9-15
Sunday
: Skiing!
Monday: REST
Tuesday: 4 miles easy & Reformer
Wednesday: 7 miles-Tempo & Plyo Jumps (see below)

Scheduled:
Thursday: Speed
Friday: Easy + Spin or Strength Training
Saturday: Long

Today’s Workout: 7 Miles: 1 mile easy, 5 miles @ 7:30, 1 mile easy

Ended with Plyo Jumps
~10 Burpees
~12 Squat Jumps
~30 sets Mountain Climbers
~10 Lunge Jumps (each leg)

Water, stretch & shower!

12 comments:

Runners Fuel said...

Rest can be a good thing!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Plyos! Yes...I need more plyometric exerises in my workout routine. We used to do these in college during indoor track season all the time!

gmontalvo13 said...

i wish it would snow here...okay, i wish they would close my office because of snow! :)

good luck w/your training!

mmmonyka said...

You Americans are snow pussies:) Horrible.
But I would take a day off any day.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I'll never get to the track too! Speed work on the treadmill is awful...and March is so far away!

Running Ricig said...

you're lucky you didn't get a lot of snow. We're rocking two feet here!! AND I still had to work from home. lol

Stefanie Schocke said...

Our track will be covered with snow until March too...boo. (I'm in the burbs of Chiacgo).

All Things Jaime said...

Our track is getting redone, so we're having to run on this horrible middle school concrete track .... that should make you feel a little better!

coach dion said...

I think we need a 'wind' day, the wind here does not make for fast running... (and no I'm not going to run 10km in one direction an phone for a lift)

Stephanie said...

I could never live in the snow, I am such a wuss, I think it looks pretty, but would never want to deal with it!

Great tempo run today! Keep up the good work!

Running and living said...

Oh, you don't need the track for speed work. In the winter I look for a patch of ground with no snow and run intervals in it. For me, much better than the mill. I ran outside as well, just 6 easy miles, felt so bad a$$:)

Katie said...

I've been doing lots and lots of burpees, mountain climbers (two of zuzanna's staple moves :D) and jumping lunges. Love them all!!

Yayyy for Snow Days :D