Wednesday has sort of turned into my tempo day.
The Workout: 1 mile easy, 4 miles @ 7:03, 1 mile easy
*w/ 1.0 incline
A tempo run seems to be the only way I can survive on the treadmill. My legs felt pretty good and I stretched and iced both knees right afterward.
I also put some of that spinach to good use yesterday. I made a spinach smoothie or green monster as the blog world likes to call them!
I drank half before my workout and half after. I forgot to freeze the banana so the first half I drank was kind of warm and gross. I put it in the fridge, went for a run and came back and it was perfect- A great way to refuel after a good run. I used:
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
1 cup almond milk
2 large handfuls spinach
1 banana
We are expecting another snowstorm here in the northeast tomorrow, so hopefully the roads are clear enough to get that first 20-miler of the season in. I do NOT think I am ready for that on the treadmill.
The winner of the yoga pack giveaway sponsored by CSN is:
Stephanie! One of my favorite Florida runners! I hope you like purple Stephanie…Email me your info please :)
*Favorite juice or smoothie combo?
Laury has a great juice combo on her blog today.
Have a great day!
17 comments:
My favorite smoothie is very smiliar to yours
I call it a Green Monkey
spinach/frozen banana/scoop PB/scoop PP/almond or coconut milk
YUM
I have a 17-miler scheduled for Sat and I hope the roads are clear too. It's supposed to be really cold though :( I cannot (will not) do 17 on a TM!
Favorite smoothie ... greek yogurt, kale or spinach, and a handful of everything in the produce drawer, topped with frozen blueberries. Blend, and gulp.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I am SOOO excited! When you posted this giveaway last week I was so excited about it! I have been increasing my yoga time and am super excited!
I LOVE to make Green smoothies with a whole orange, banana, and a cup of strawberries + 2 huge handfuls of spinach. I have been craving warmer weather so I don't get so cold drinking them.
Tempos are my favorite thing to do on the treadmill, I am constantly changing the pace so it keeps it interesting and goes by quick.
I really really hope the roads get cleared for your 20 miler. I have done 18 on a treadmill and that was pretty rough. I only made it through because there was a football game on tv the whole 3 hours I was running. I really hope you don't, but if you do get stuck with the treadmill, maybe try to go during one of the playoff games this weekend so you have something to hold your attention for more than an hour.
Congrats Stephanie!!
Hope the weather cooperates for you. That's a big run :)
Hope your knees do too!!
that smoothie terrifies me a little. I prefer to go all fruit with my smoothies, banana, frozen berries, yogurt, oj. DELICIOUS.
I usually make my green smoothies with what ever is laying around. And I toss a 1/2 lime in there (rind and all).
SPEEDY RUN!!! Girl, you are AWESOMEEEE!!!! Way to use that spinach:) I need to learn to like green monsters. Have an awesome day!
love your workout! i did the same one...but my tempo was 7:24. you are quick like lightning girl!!
i wish mr. dawn appreciated the green monster. he says that its tastes like salad...booo!
although i did make a smoothie for breakfast this morning and it was fabulous :)
Oh man, I see this "Green Monster" all over the blog world, but I've never tried it! What would you say it tastes like? I'm nervous to try it!
Hope the roads clear up for your 20 miler!
Loving your smoothie recipe! Thanks forsharing! I guess you will get through that bag!
And, this smoothie will be perfect for St. patty's Day!
Crossing my fingers for you that you can get out there for your 20 miler. Couldnt pay me enough to do that on the TM. YUCK! I am like you, must do tempo runs or intervals to keep me entertained while on it.
I'm in the same boat!!! Just got dumped on, have a 20 miler scheduled for Saturday!!! Shooooooot! That green monster looks tasty tasty! Need to brew me up some of that magic...
Great Temp run! I love the TM to keep me on pace. Can't wait to see how you do in Boston!
Thanks for the shout out <3
I LOVE the green lemonade combo I had yesterday. Also love Spinach, pineapple, apple, ginger, celery and grapes!
Post a Comment