Sunday, January 23, 2011

Well, look who it is…

This came in the mail yesterday:

Steamtown 

A booklet of pictures and a list of finishers and their times. Guess who made the cut?!

Can you find me?

Steamtown page 

I’ll give you a hint…lower right corner.

There I am!

Steamtown booklet

So fun! I kind of like the picture they chose. I look intense : ) I’m excited because I never make it into the book.There is one race that we do that gives out calendar of pictures from previous years and last year my dad made the cut.

I am feeling pretty good after yesterday’s grueling 20-miler, although my hamstrings are a little sore. Must be all those little hills. I also feel a tiny bit of pain behind the knees. On the back part of my leg, I’m thinking it is a tendon. I have been foam rolling and icing.

I will probably take today off from running, although, I may try to get in a few easy, recovery miles to bring my mileage for the week up. I’m also meeting my mom for mat Pilates and perhaps a smoothie. I’m off to seize the day.
Enjoy your Sunday!

*Tell me about your 15 minutes of fame.
When I was 15 I was on the tv show Clueless.

13 comments:

dawn @ running the dawn said...

that's so exciting! you do look super intense.

i've never had 15 minutes of fame. unless you could college theater...which probably doesn't count.

hope the pain in the knees calms down soon.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if that was you! I ran Steamtown too and got my booklet in the mail this week. What a great picture!

Amanda@runninghood said...

This is so cool! My claims to fame involve my life as a teacher and meeting and visiting with some pretty big wigs in the literacy instruction world! :)

I also felt pretty famous after the Boston Marathon 2004 because my 3rd grade students thought I was so much faster than I was. Little did they know that there were woman there who were running over an hour faster than me but in their eyes, I won it! :) The whole school kept tabs on me during the entire race and announced my progress over the loud speakers...they even taped the race and let the kids watch it. So funny! So sweet.

Love your posts. Must get caught up on your blog when I get more time. xo

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

GREAT picture Keri! An intense pic that actually looks good! Mine usually are not photgenic. :P

Muncher Cruncher said...

YOU ARE FAMOUS KERI!! I love it!
also...clueless..awesome. No more words needed than that! xoxoxo

Teamarcia said...

Love it! You were working it hard!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

AWESOME!!!! Again, you are a rockstar runner. You deserve the pic in the book! It's a great pic too. not many people take flattering pics at marathons....but you did!!

The Turtle said...

You look great, congrats on being featured.

I was once interviewed for an article in USA Today. They came out and took my picture - it was pretty big on the cover of a section.

Raina said...

The photo is Awesome!! You were working HARD!

Sorry about the knee pain. Keep on that ice and roller routine; I am sure it will help. Best wishes with the running this week, Keri :)

Stefanie Schocke said...

Great picture!

Runners Fuel said...

The photo is pretty awesome!

Lauren said...

I ran for Team Challenge (www.ccfa.org) for the 2009 Napa Valley Half Marathon. I made the mailing during 2010, with a sweet picture of me and my medal :)

Laura said...

My 15 mins of fame was breaking the 50 states marathon world record... but that seems to keep getting extended longer and longer! I was recently asked to be the speaker at this year's Vermont City Marathon (in addition to a pace team leader), and I'm really looking forward to it :)